Deadliest Job in America

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
. AS Supporting Member.
Oh...the highest work comp rates(at least in LA) are pulpwood loggers. Underwater welders are almost always covered under Maritime laws, very few fall under comp laws.

I don't doubt you, I am sure that the worker's comp will be avoided whenever possible. On the other hand, what happens when they can't ? I was unsuccessful at finding a directory of worker's comp rates for various fields.

I think pulpwood logging would largely work out the same as any other kind of logging: HIGH ! Around here, there is no logging, so tree service is close to the top. A contractor I work for occasionally told me his rates for demolition are about 100% of payroll whenever his men work above the first floor. I don't know how the insurance company would audit that, but he did admit that most of his demolition got knocked down by the excavator to less than two floors.

TimberMcPherson

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Fisherman are the real short lifers down these ways. Alot of fishing near the antarctic so if you hit the water, you better be rescued QUICK. I would put alot of it down to drug and alchol use and the fact at the end of the season they may claim injury to get compo until the next season starts.

I have alot of respect for firemen, I have family and mates in the job but I have to say, its a job where you spend most of your time waiting to have to work. The one thing I have noticed about firemen world wide is that the tend to have other jobs because the job of fireman leaves alot of energy and time to do other things.
I met a fireman in NY who ran a landscaping company with about 4 guys working for him. The guy thats helping doing some building on our house is a fireman. My mate got his roof done last year in canada-again a fireman!

I did some work on pylons when I was an industrial abseiler for what was the owner of the grid and dams around here, not fun.

Last edited: