Dealers, a on theroad resource

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun_chopper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
You know when you travel around, and you do a little cutting in unfamiliar territory, and you need a new chain. Well I would like to hear some opinions about local dealers in your areas. I dont know about everyone else but there are 6 Sthih dealers&3 Husky dealers in the greater Albuquerque NM area and of the 6&3 only one dealer stands above the rest. They care about he consumer, they dont lie to make a sale, and they are just good people in general. The rest of the dealers in this area are liars, pushy salespeople that try and get you to walk out the door with a 088/3120 when you just went in for a gallon of bar oil. So if ever in the Albuquerque area cutting our fine Pinon pine, or cedar, and need parts or whatever let me know and I will give you the rundown.-Matt

??????????????????

Not even sure what, if any use or purpose this thread has.

"pushy salespeople that try and get you to walk out the door with a 088/3120"

I'm sure you are at least exagerating a bit. I wonder if these "jerks" are trying to run a business to pay their bills and support their family. Besides what is sales about anyway???I feel sorry for anyone who goes into to buy a $4.00 gallon of bar oil and comes out with a $1200 saw or even felt the remotest bit of pressure to buy the saw. Either that person already had a predisposition to buy the saw (maybe just not that day) or that person can be sold anything and should have money taken away for their own good.

lol that does sound a bit like exageration but I can understand. I've met alot of pushy and unfriendly dealers of all types of goods. They no longer get my business simple as that.

when i find a good service man for
any type work .i put a real value on him.
hope the people i work for feel like that about me.values i look for. skill an ability,
dependability ,an really most important . what he says is what really is the truth ,good or bad. a liar, u never know when to believe him.so no point in foolin with him ,even if he is genius.when i find that i allways tellum i want to be charged enough so they are glad to see me coming.:)

I wish there was 3 husky dealers in an hour radius from me...I have one in that hour radius and it is in the sticks (literally) Amish area around the loging mills....

Plenty of stihl dealers though. I just found my husky guy and he has been great. I will continue to go to him.

Freakingstang said:
I wish there was 3 husky dealers in an hour radius from me...I have one in that hour radius and it is in the sticks (literally) Amish area around the loging mills....

Plenty of stihl dealers though. I just found my husky guy and he has been great. I will continue to go to him.

So where is this Husky dealer Freak? I am 'bout and hour South of you on Rt 3. I thought all out Husky dealers were Lowes stores? LOL. We do have a darn good Jonserede dealer down here, supposably one of the biggest in the East. Not fancy but has the goods if you want a red Husky.

husky in wooster

Freakingstang said:

try Wooster Power Equipment on St rt 3 north of wooster. going north it will be on the right side.

Butch(OH) said:
So where is this Husky dealer Freak? I am 'bout and hour South of you on Rt 3. I thought all out Husky dealers were Lowes stores? LOL. We do have a darn good Jonserede dealer down here, supposably one of the biggest in the East. Not fancy but has the goods if you want a red Husky.

Whereabout are you Butch? Loudenville/glenmont/danville?

The one I just found a couple weeks ago is in Benton, Oh. The name of it is Schlabach Engine Repair 330-674-0479. Ask for John, He is great for having parts in stock. and if he doesn't, he normally gets 1/2 price (of new) for the used parts. But if you buy in bulk, like i have been, he may cut you a great deal. If you call, or go by, tell him Steve from wooster sent you. I have been down there about 4 times in the last two weeks, and bought a ton of parts. He is exceptional on prices. My 3/8x.058x68 oregon 73LG chains are about 11.50 each and the 60 DL chain (same 3/8x.058) are like $10. They don't use a lot of .050 chain, but that have it, just not alot of bars in stock. Husky bars (made by oregon) in 20" are about 33 bucks (058), that is for the good ones with the replaceable noses. I just ordered a Total 18" sprocket tip for $34 or $35. Try that at any other dealer???!!! They go for about 49-58 depending on the dealer. He had a used 372xp that I should have bought for $295. They deal in a ton of 371/372's and 394/395's. I could have gotten a used 394 for the same price!!!!! :blob2: He doesn't have many used 371/372 parts left, as I robbed most of them to convert my 365's, but he has a bunch of 55 rancher parts, a bunch of Jonsereds on the shelf, and a few of the 394/395's for parts. Most of the parts saws have bad cylinders, but I lucked out on the 371 cylinder and piston I got.

treefrog359 said:
try Wooster Power Equipment on St rt 3 north of wooster. going north it will be on the right side.

Last time i called them, they said they were no longer carrying husky parts.....???? Maybe I should call them on monday....Nah, I like my guy better. I thought it was on the left if you were headed NB on RT 3???

If anyone needs a great Stihl dealer, let me know. i know where one is at down by apple creek, but they have no phone (amish) so I will have to give you directions..

Steve

Latest posts

Back