decision time ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefticy

Reaction score
OK ... i have a saw problem ... i currently own 3 saws . a husky 41 / egar beaver / Powermac PM310. the 310 is in parts awaiting parts (rings) the egar beaver just stopped no warning of a burning rings or seizing.. the husky is OK...
the McCullough's are at least 20 years old. i got the 310 from an auction for 2 dollars. the egar beaver has sentimental value only. :cry:
i find it difficult to part with the McCullough. mainly for the reason that i like to tinker with things; but the cost associated with obtaining parts is really futile.

Now: what would you do? I live in a wooded development and feel that i need two saws. (a long bar and short bar) :dizzy: the Mac's are becomming to much trouble to keep running but since i do not make a living sawing wood i am unclear what to do next??

Last edited:
Well sir,most of the "10" series saws have the same parts.I have,for example,a 2-10 crank[3.3 cu in] in a 6-10 [4.3 cu in.].As far as parts,they are somewhat available,but a lot of times a non running saw can be bought from e-bay,for less than the price of the parts.Is that per chance an eager beaver 3.7? If so find yourself a promac 610,it's basicaly the same saw.Ozflea,on this site,has all the illustrated parts lists on a cd,for a reasonable price.This is very nice info if you are looking for parts.Best of luck,and welcome to A-site.

Al, I think he's talking about a little 30something CC PM310, not the 3-10 series. those little things are a PITA for me.

lefticy said:
OK ... i have a saw problem ... i currently own 3 saws . a husky 41 / egar beaver / Powermac PM310. the 310 is in parts awaiting parts (rings) the egar beaver just stopped no warning of a burning rings or seizing.. the husky is OK...
the McCullough's are at least 20 years old. i got the 310 from an auction for 2 dollars. the egar beaver has sentimental value only. :cry:
i find it difficult to part with the McCullough. mainly for the reason that i like to tinker with things; but the cost associated with obtaining parts is really futile.

Now: what would you do? I live in a wooded development and feel that i need two saws. (a long bar and short bar) :dizzy: the Mac's are becomming to much trouble to keep running but since i do not make a living sawing wood i am unclear what to do next??

I would try shopping the second hand stores. You'll probably pay more than on ebay but at least you can check the saw out before buying. I got a real cherry Husky 51 (my limb/trim/small bucking saw) that way $160

Harry K

Latest posts

Back