Dedicated Limbing saw bar length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv1965

Chainsaw Novice
Reaction score
I am considering commissioning Cannon to make a dedicated limbing bar for my Jonsered cs2260. I was thinking a 28" bar for a small Husky mount. It appears 24" is the longest Cannon currently offers. Does anyone know how these saws oil with longer bars. Is there enough interest to make a group purchase???

I am considering commissioning Cannon to make a dedicated limbing bar for my Jonsered cs2260. I was thinking a 28" bar for a small Husky mount. It appears 24" is the longest Cannon currently offers. Does anyone know how these saws oil with longer bars. Is there enough interest to make a group purchase???

>Is there enough interest to make a group purchase???

Thanks, but sadly... I will have to pass...

Huh, I run a 16" 3/8'' on my 2260 and love it for limbing.

limb all day long with that!!! Nice!! I like 16-18"... my Echo CS-271T for small limbs and saplings, my 019T for limbs up to those near small trunk size. sharp chain and correctly tuned is the key, imo. if you can't go limb to limb, set it down and she idles sweetly... waiting for more, not correctly tuned... I like my chain to creep at idle. :yes: yes I do!...

28" for limbing?
Insufficient control/aim, bad balance & handling.

I understand the desire or need not having to bend over, but that size bar sounds just wrong.
How about a pole saw instead, it would negate the need for bending over to reach the branches of a downed tree - might be slower though?

I tend to grab my 64 or 79cc wearing 20" 3/8" as an optimal all rounder, but if I had to exclusively limb branches I would use my 40cc saw with 14" bar & 3/8" LowProfile chain.

Latest posts

Back