Definitely going with the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll go through that stage of buying every fancy exotic fuel and synthetic oil you can get your hands on. You will try high octane, avgas & every expensive additive your heart & wallet desire. Then a day will come when you realise what you 'needed' was very accessible cheap & right in front of you all along. You'll discover them exotic oils don't increase performance, they actually often leave a mess inside your saw, make less power, decrease your compression, combust poorly and cause blow by due to poor ring seal. But before you reach that destination of knowledge, vast somes of money need spending, expensive man made ester synthetics need sourcing from far away places with shipping charges to boot. Its the only real way to work all this stuff out, so long as marketing and BS can written all over products exist its human nature to seek what we perceive as 'best'. Good luck on your journey, good bye....I'll check on ya a little later down the road.

You'll go through that stage of buying every fancy exotic fuel and synthetic oil you can get your hands on. You will try high octane, avgas & every expensive additive your heart & wallet desire. Then a day will come when you realise what you 'needed' was very accessible cheap & right in front of you all along. You'll discover them exotic oils don't increase performance, they actually often leave a mess inside your saw, make less power, decrease your compression, combust poorly and cause blow by due to poor ring seal. But before you reach that destination of knowledge, vast somes of money need spending, expensive man made ester synthetics need sourcing from far away places with shipping charges to boot. Its the only real way to work all this stuff out, so long as marketing and BS can written all over products exist its human nature to seek what we perceive as 'best'. Good luck on your journey, good bye....I'll check on ya a little later down the road.

Hey what type of oil do you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size b/c did you get with it

16" 0.050" 3/8 chisel.

What's wrong with using the Stihl Silver bottle oil?

As far as AV gas, no, that's bad for saws, lots of additives. If I can get 93 octane, E-Free gas, I'll be happy. It has nothing to do with me wanting to use exotics. I just want to take care of my equipment.

16" 0.050" 3/8 chisel.

What's wrong with using the Stihl Silver bottle oil?

As far as AV gas, no, that's bad for saws, lots of additives. If I can get 93 octane, E-Free gas, I'll be happy. It has nothing to do with me wanting to use exotics. I just want to take care of my equipment.

Forget the race gas. 89 octane e-free is perfect. The Stihl oil is pretty poor. There's some good pics on O PE of saws that have been run on it with stuck rings and just totally gummed up. Also, it's stupidly expensive. I'd much rather run something like amsoil saber, yamalube 2R, echo red armor, etc. Much better oils and cheaper too, with the possible exception of red armor.

Forget the race gas. 89 octane e-free is perfect. The Stihl oil is pretty poor. There's some good pics on O PE of saws that have been run on it with stuck rings and just totally gummed up. Also, it's stupidly expensive. I'd much rather run something like amsoil saber, yamalube 2R, echo red armor, etc. Much better oils and cheaper too, with the possible exception of red armor.

Thanks Ryan. Is the Orange bottle Stihl oil as bad? I would have never thought about Yamalube.

That's a darn good price on a 241c. Is $440 correct or a typo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That's a darn good price on a 241c. Is $440 correct or a typo?

That's correct. One quote is $440 and the other quote is $465.

I had a cousin who raced motocross and he swore by Klotz oil. Will Klotz work good in the chainsaws?

Must be a regional price. They list for $549 here.

I've always ran the echo red armour. Good stuff and easily available. I get 5 gallons of e-free gas, mix some for the saw and the rest in all my other small engines. I get mine at a local fuel company. Seems the best way to avoid fuel issues is to periodically run the equipment. I try to fire everything about once a month.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

My thoughts/comments never make much sense........ It's all good!!

I've just been running it because it said Stihl, and my saws were Stihl. Never thought about researching it further. I am now though. But if I buy a 6 pack of the Stihl oil when I pick up the saw, the warranty gets doubled.

That's correct. One quote is $440 and the other quote is $465.

I had a cousin who raced motocross and he swore by Klotz oil. Will Klotz work good in the chainsaws?

The orange bottle is junk too, compared to other oils at the same price point. I've never run klotz, I think some people like it. The super premium racing oils, especially the castor bean blends aren't ideal in a saw. Saws just don't get hot enough (except possibly while milling) and the oil doesn't combust, it just gums up the works.

I've just been running it because it said Stihl, and my saws were Stihl. Never thought about researching it further. I am now though. But if I buy a 6 pack of the Stihl oil when I pick up the saw, the warranty gets doubled.
My dealer sells way more Stihl equipment than Echo, but they recommend the Red Armor for everything.

Glad you made up your mind. If I didn't have a nice 025, I would have gotten an MS241C.

Latest posts

Back