Cool new saw that my local hardware store had.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I visited my local Stihl dealer to pick up my Bluetooth headphones that I had ordered a week prior, as well as a new chain for my MS 170 and a small Stihl sprayer. I was talking to one of the techs when he mentioned that they have the new MSA 220 T C-O in stock. He brought it down and started unboxing it. I took this picture. I'm really hoping that a lot of limbs and stuff blow down during the week of storms near me and I don't lose power so that I can get a lot of money for cleaning up dead fall in people's backyards and hopefully have enough money to buy one of these plus two batteries.

Attachments

• 20230623_154525.jpg
    20230623_154525.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Today I visited my local Stihl dealer to pick up my Bluetooth headphones that I had ordered a week prior, as well as a new chain for my MS 170 and a small Stihl sprayer. I was talking to one of the techs when he mentioned that they have the new MSA 220 T C-O in stock. He brought it down and started unboxing it. I took this picture. I'm really hoping that a lot of limbs and stuff blow down during the week of storms near me and I don't lose power so that I can get a lot of money for cleaning up dead fall in people's backyards and hopefully have enough money to buy one of these plus two batteries.
Have you tried one yet ? Did you get a price ?? Climbers saw ???

I have not tried one. The saw costs about $620.00. It is an arborist saw.

I want to get one but I need to get a 261 before anything.
First glance sounds pricey,, A second battery and a charger,,,, Bars,, chains, Yet never mixing 2 stroke for it.. Still sounds pricey.. Last time I used an EV it jumped around like a drunk in the parking lot.. Just wondering about this thang..

First glance sounds pricey,, A second battery and a charger,,,, Bars,, chains, Yet never mixing 2 stroke for it.. Still sounds pricey.. Last time I used an EV it jumped around like a drunk in the parking lot.. Just wondering about this thang..
Dude. It is an awesome saw from what I have seen on youtube. In my opinion, it feels 1000% better than the Husquvarna counterpart. But as far as it goes, I need a 261 before I get a saw like that. On top of that, I'm 13 and make my money from Etsy, lawncare, mosquitoes, and my firewood stands that will not make me money this 4th of July because it will be pouring the whole week and no one will have bonfires to celebrate the birth of our nation:angry:. But at least no fireworks which is cool. Sometimes I wish I could morph into a super attractive woman and have an army of lowlifes who give all of their money to me so I could buy any and all saws I want like so many other Gen Zers do. But I will just have sisu and show the lazy people of my generation how I am better for having the will to work. Sorry for the tangent, I am just pissed about all of the rain and how I am wasting time playing video games all day instead of being outside seizing the day.

A link to some videos of it in action:

If you like spending a few hundred bucks every 2 years to get new batteries...if their not discontinued...you will need 4 batteries, two chargers and a power supply to use it continuously all day plus make the dealer put a micro chain setup on it so it actually pulls through cuts. You better off getting a old corded version for the cost vs your income or just get a 261 and have a happy middle ground.

If you like spending a few hundred bucks every 2 years to get new batteries...if their not discontinued...you will need 4 batteries, two chargers and a power supply to use it continuously all day plus make the dealer put a micro chain setup on it so it actually pulls through cuts. You better off getting a old corded version for the cost vs your income or just get a 261 and have a happy middle ground.
Yep. I'm still going to get an MS 261 C-M. I originally wanted to get an MS 250 but I need something that is bigger. And besides. I already have a 1999 Husqvarna 350 which is pretty much the same as the Stihl 025 which will later evolve to become the ms-250. I don't really like to use the Husqvarna though because it has horrible fuel efficiency due to the age of the engine.

It would not be my regular saw though. It would just be really good for pruning and general landscaping use because I don't always feel like running a gas rear handle saw when I'm cutting small trees.

Yep. I'm still going to get an MS 261 C-M. I originally wanted to get an MS 250 but I need something that is bigger. And besides. I already have a 1999 Husqvarna 350 which is pretty much the same as the Stihl 025 which will later evolve to become the ms-250. I don't really like to use the Husqvarna though because it has horrible fuel efficiency due to the age of the engine.
There's something wrong with the 350 if it's a fuel hog. It was one of the best homeowner 50cc saws on the market for quite a long time, and would accept a 346xp top end with a few modifications. Deadly reliable in my experience, at one point I took care of a fleet of them for a few local landscapers. replaced after it got to the point of them being so clapped out it wasn't worth the cost. I still have carcasses of them laying around from parting out junk ones to keep others running. The ms250 by comparison is a giant pos. You made a good choice with the 261cm.
As to the battery top handle, your better off getting a 2511t from echo if your after bang for buck. Little heavy, but they run well. Heck I'd even take a ms194t or 201t over the electric version. They can ramp and rave about them on the Internet all they want, but they will be replaced in short order, and parts/repairs is anybody guess with electric equipment right now, let alone what or if batteries will be available for legacy products in 5 to 10 years. Being your quite young, your not looking at the bigger picture of longevity or parts availability.

There's something wrong with the 350 if it's a fuel hog. It was one of the best homeowner 50cc saws on the market for quite a long time, and would accept a 346xp top end with a few modifications. Deadly reliable in my experience, at one point I took care of a fleet of them for a few local landscapers. replaced after it got to the point of them being so clapped out it wasn't worth the cost. I still have carcasses of them laying around from parting out junk ones to keep others running. The ms250 by comparison is a giant pos. You made a good choice with the 261cm.
As to the battery top handle, your better off getting a 2511t from echo if your after bang for buck. Little heavy, but they run well. Heck I'd even take a ms194t or 201t over the electric version. They can ramp and rave about them on the Internet all they want, but they will be replaced in short order, and parts/repairs is anybody guess with electric equipment right now, let alone what or if batteries will be available for legacy products in 5 to 10 years. Being your quite young, your not looking at the bigger picture of longevity or parts availability.
Well. I am one brand-loyal potato. I think I'm just gonna get the 220 T C-O because I also want to get battery saws for carving even though I LOVE my MS 194 C ( Rear handle ).

If you think the Stihl or Makita electrics are a good investment for your application, you should go for it and bite the bullet, then give some feedback on after some run time.

Mad3400

Latest posts

Back