Deployment Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic2397

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking to head east to do some sub-contracting storm work. I won't name names, but does anyone have any insight into doing this type of stuff with other tree contractors? Specifically agreements that you have used and may be willing to share. Things that I need to watch for and take into consideration. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what I need to do but as always any business insight here would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking to head east to do some sub-contracting storm work. I won't name names, but does anyone have any insight into doing this type of stuff with other tree contractors? Specifically agreements that you have used and may be willing to share. Things that I need to watch for and take into consideration. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what I need to do but as always any business insight here would be greatly appreciated.

You can make a couple grand a day with a truck and a chipper in western MA and CT right now. There is an equipment shortage, rather than able body shortage. Cash or Bank check bro...... Lot of out of state companies tearing it up around here..

Keep inmind if you do any state or city work its going to be all prevailing wage (about $46an hour) u will have to pay all of ur guys that and submit certified payroll before you get paid. There is a large south Florida company who has the disaster contract for an area in the western part of the state, they were not very clear about that after the tornados and a lot of people still haven't been paid. Before you considers any of thawwork make sure you have a copy of the rate sheet..

You can make a couple grand a day with a truck and a chipper in western MA and CT right now. There is an equipment shortage, rather than able body shortage. Cash or Bank check bro...... Lot of out of state companies tearing it up around here..

A couple grand a day is what every comp. around here makes with a 3 man crew. Is that all you are making for emergency work out there. I would think most crews would be making around 4g's a day with a storm of this magnitude. If you are ever going to bid high now's the time.

A couple grand a day is what every comp. around here makes with a 3 man crew. Is that all you are making for emergency work out there. I would think most crews would be making around 4g's a day with a storm of this magnitude. If you are ever going to bid high now's the time.

You're right. That's just doing chipping and debris clean up. Anything involving climbing/bucket/crane and standing removal is much higher.

Back