Desperately searching for a Remington Pro 88 owner??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no longer collecting

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone in this world own a REMINGTON PRO 88....I THINK I AM THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS SAW:confused: . I am missing half of the original muffler... "Need half muffler " picture part. This saw is unique...it is not like the Logmaster or the SL5 or any other Remington saws. Small in size ...but 105cc of power :angry2: and lighter (less than 25 pounds)than any other Remington saws.Been looking for over one month without luck:bang: .......Please help.....I can fabricate one if you have some specs or pics.:( ...........Thanks.

caporal30 said:
Anyone in this world own a REMINGTON PRO 88....I THINK I AM THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS SAW:confused: . I am missing half of the original muffler... "Need half muffler " picture part. This saw is unique...it is not like the Logmaster or the SL5 or any other Remington saws. Small in size ...but 105cc of power :angry2: and lighter (less than 25 pounds)than any other Remington saws.Been looking for over one month without luck:bang: .......Please help.....I can fabricate one if you have some specs or pics.:( ...........Thanks.
Nope your not the only owner of that saw. Theres a man up in Washington state that owns, believe it or not, over 1400 chain saws. He has sorta set up a musuem right at his house. I'm sure he has one of those saws but not likely he is gonna part with any parts off it since he's a avid bigtime collector.
1400 saws running in the woods would make quite a spudder wouldn't it...

I got his name at my work. I'll bring it home tomorrow. If you type in chainsaw museun in your browser it might come up, he's the only guy I know of that has a chainsaw museun., not sure if I'm spelling museun right,hmm

caporal30 said:

Could you post a picture of your saw? I'd like to see it

I think I would fabricate something

We are talking about a saw going on 50 years old. Just like my SL5 Logmaster it belongs in a museum. I fire it up every couple of years cause I like the rumble. Plus I ain't never met a saw that could out torque it!!!:blob2:

-Pat

muffler pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Resurrecting this thread - I just picked up a Pro 88 in semi-rough shape. Needs a sprocket for sure. May be able to clean up the piston but I don't know what the cylinder looks like. There's about a ton of oil and sawdust packed into this thing and someone painted the whole thing green.

Buzz: Be careful. If I remember right the sprocket/drum is held on with a 1/4"-28 tpi left hand machine screw. Or, maybe that was the GL-7 I had. I dunno anymore.

An IPL for the Pro 88 was just posted in the past three or four days in the Remington/Mall thread.

Back