Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greased Lightning orange . Work fast also it will discolor. It also will clean the hell out of a air filter. Rinse well in hot water

Compressed air, then spray industrial simple green on it , rinse off , crank and let run a few, then wipe down with wd40. Sit it in the shop and drink coffee and just look at it!! :surprised3::laugh:! Or use it and leave it dirty as hell and brag about how much its used and that its more cool to leave it filthy!:surprised3::dizzy::dumb:

Soapy water, Fantastik, or 409 and an old tooth brush clean most plastics pretty well. Might have to use a stronger degreaser, like the citrus based stuff or SuperClean if some grease is really cooked on. Or spot clean tar with paint thinner. Dry, then coat with ArmorAll - seals things up and makes them shiny and pretty.

SuperClean (water based degreaser with sodium hydroxide) and the citrus based degreasers also work well for the metal parts, but the sodium hydroxide stuff can darken aluminum stuff if left in contact for too long. I use it on chains, then rise really well and dry chains in 150° to 200° oven to make sure that no water is left in the rivets/between the plates.

I like the water based stuff over the organic solvents since I am working in my basement.

Philbert

You guys are over-thinking this. Just put the saws in the back of the pickup and drive through the car wash on the way home from the woods.
For you real OCD types, pay extra and get the double hot wax.

Detailing saws? People really do that?
Why not give it a cleaning and take care of them?

I just wish i was cool/rich enough to spend a grand on a tool and beat the balls out of it and the make fun of guys who actually take care of their stuff on the internet..it seems cool..can i join the club ?

I take back the cool part..i wish i was rich enough to do that.
:surprised3::laugh:!! I agree but guess it makes a difference if its a work saw or a hobby for enthusiasts. Ill give u a guess which will sell first? A hobbyist that cleans and maintains or a true professionals saw that rides it like a damn bronco ?

Why not give it and cleaning and take care of them?

Okay Keith, you're probably right. The next time I run my saws through the car wash I'll spray them down with saw mix first and maybe throw an old sandwich baggie over the spark plug. If I can find one.
Awhile back we had a cutting job on an island and had to take a crew boat back and forth. Towing the saws on a rope behind the boat worked pretty good but really, the car wash is much better.

:surprised3::laugh:!! I agree but guess it makes a difference if its a work saw or a hobby for enthusiasts. Ill give u a guess which will sell first? A hobbyist that cleans and maintains or a true professionals saw that rides it like a damn bronco ?

Well..i dont really get into the whole detailing thing ( only when i sell one )..just compressed air..i guess im a stage 1 PSP..keep my clutches/filter/carb box clean..only a ********** would do somethin like that.

Okay Keith, you're probably right. The next time I run my saws through the car wash I'll spray them down with saw mix first and maybe throw an old sandwich baggie over the spark plug. If I can find one.
Awhile back we had a cutting job on an island and had to take a crew boat back and forth. Towing the saws on a rope behind the boat worked pretty good but really, the car wash is much better.
Lol!! Sounds good my man! Abuse the hell out of them!!!

Back