Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i hit the lotto im buying a new top handle everyday , when the beer whistle blows im gonna throw it just to watch it fall to its demise , im gonna go down as one of the greatest saw punishers of all time..maybe that will help me get a little more trim now and then , not to mention some cool pics for the SPC and the DORE clubs of AS..who you callin daddy now ?

stuff of urban legend right there, like johnny appleseed sowing fruit as he travelled, your legacy can be the fallen husks of once great saws left in your wake to show young fallers the path to greatness, gonna be a damn Disney movie I tell ya,
the final scene shows your faithful groundie polishing the remains as you head off into the sunset

sequel anybody?? cha-ching

So hurtful, but at least I have extra tears to use as fuel stabilizer:)
Which 2 cycle brand and ratio do you guys recommend for a NOS ported 10mm Slant fin?

IMG_1117_zpssctwz92w.jpg

IMG_1119_zpsn7ptkim2.jpg

According to VD-Firewood, none. They'll run for a few tanks on straight gas

Except the pet name part..lol

Yes, like gologit said. 'It's nothing more that a piece of machinery' A mere tool.
It's what's under the hood and how it ticks thats got to be prefect. I throw/drop the thing all day long. I'm not abusing it, that's what I need out of it. "You got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em "(throw them) its not a personal vehicle. It's a tool.

They are nothing to me, a few times yesterday it was abandoned for my saftey.Expendable at any given time without a thought. I don't want to polish that thing, I will polish it with my Caulk's boots. I'm not above stuffing it in a undercut or smashing it with my axe.

The walls are up between me and the object. If I will know my very last day, when I'm never going back. Only I, the object or neither is coming out in tack.
Who is going to cry for it then?

stuff of urban legend right there, like johnny appleseed sowing fruit as he travelled, your legacy can be the fallen husks of once great saws left in your wake to show young fallers the path to greatness, gonna be a damn Disney movie I tell ya,
the final scene shows your faithful groundie polishing the remains as you head off into the sunset

sequel anybody?? cha-ching

But for what ?

I dont love them hoes.

Actually..i could care less what anyone does to a chainsaw..you can phuck it..love it..name it..use it...abuse it...its all gravy with me , its yo money.

But for what ?

I dont love them hoes.

Actually..i could care less what anyone does to a chainsaw..you can phuck it..love it..name it..use it...abuse it...its all gravy with me , its yo money.

Just so we are clear, you wont think less of me if I get brass tags engraved with the vital stats for each saw to place at the base of each in the showcase?

Except the pet name part..lol

Yes, like gologit said. 'It's nothing more that a piece of machinery' A mere tool.
It's what's under the hood and how it ticks thats got to be prefect. I throw/drop the thing all day long. I'm not abusing it, that's what I need out of it. "You got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em "(throw them) its not a personal vehicle. It's a tool.

They are nothing to me, a few times yesterday it was abandoned for my saftey.Expendable at any given time without a thought. I don't want to polish that thing, I will polish it with my Caulk's boots. I'm not above stuffing it in a undercut or smashing it with my axe.

The walls are up between me and the object. If I will know my very last day, when I'm never going back. Only I or the object is coming out in tack.
I can see where u guys r coming from. It would be different for me if working with one daily im sure.

hay jon, how's that kill switch wire routed there? there's an actual hole for that wire down under the tuning screw driver holes. looks like a flywheel catcher from here lol
The "kill switch" is either the blue thing to the right of the rear handle, or that sissy blue button coming out the top of the cylinder

Taking care of a saw means using decent mix, keeping the chain sharp, and cleaning the air filter
True from a maitenance standpoint but to a enthusiasts/hobbyists or PSP it means not throwing the saw around and leaving it filthy and cleaning it? Some people like a clean nice looking saw ?

Just so we are clear, you wont think less of me if I get brass tags engraved with the vital stats for each saw to place at the base of each in the showcase?

Brass tags? Cheapskate. 14k gold is the only socially acceptable material for display tags. Brass is just so 90's. It's tacky and low class. Might as well just use a piece of scrap cardboard and a magic marker.
And everybody knows that saw dealers are just swimming in money and can afford to go first class so use the gold.

Brass tags? Cheapskate. 14k gold is the only socially acceptable material for display tags. Brass is just so 90's. It's tacky and low class. Might as well just use a piece of scrap cardboard and a magic marker.
And everybody knows that saw dealers are just swimming in money and can afford to go first class so use the gold.
So ashamed right now:rare2::eek::oops:
IMG_1123_zpsyhczou6k.jpg
IMG_1125_zps5fysspjo.jpg

so much polishing left undone, like I am a dirty savage, bar oil all over the shelf...disgraceful
and I think WestBoast just called me fat

Great movie!!
Yes, he's funny.

I do realize people that share the same beliefs are a minority, as are people that use them for pro use on this site.
Having said that many people that use them for pro purposes can't get past mismatch faded covers/tank despite many new mechanical parts with a ground up rebuild. "Shallow Hal,s"

As long as you don't summon up some baby batter from the conjuring of your hands to attach the tag i wont worry

If i hit the lotto im buying a new top handle everyday , when the beer whistle blows im gonna throw it just to watch it fall to its demise , im gonna go down as one of the greatest saw punishers of all time..maybe that will help me get a little more trim now and then , not to mention some cool pics for the SPC and the DORE clubs of AS..who you callin daddy now ?
Goddammit I like your fukin style...I always have. :rock::heart:

Latest posts

Back