Devils Lane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novice2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Seems like fence row problems are everywhere. The Old Timers, in Mo, called it a Devils lane when there was a dispute about fence boundry and both parties put up a fence. The space between the fence was the DL. Now then my Son bought a new house and his neighbor had put up a fence one ft. in. He told my Son he couldn't connect or ever put up a new post on his property so Son had to put up a fence one ft in. I believe he could have gone to building inspector and got the right to put a post on the other man's porperty.
Novice2

And you're telling us this because?

Sounds like you need to get the fence line surveyed or something but ... we're tree guys not building inspectors or surveyors or lawyers, sorry if I missed the point of the post. :)

Point is

More or less just making a statement as I read about trees encroaching ajoining properties etc. See Bamboo and tree leaning on property in another post. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I am amazed as all the good information on the forum.
Novice2

Interesting

Hey thanks CNY your post made me feel better. I have always thought it was an great name. In the country, Ozarks that is, you will see DL as wide as four ft. There was one between my Fathers land and property owner behind him. As a Child that can be scary. Ha
Novice2

Back