DevonPro chainsaws, info, opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ads have been popping up more frequently on CL, I know nothing about them (other than they have stacks of unassembled shipping cartons).

Last edited:
Yep- I'm on CL now and saw the ad, Googling them now... Efco's? 58cc 11,000 RPM 20" saw for $150? Really? (Mmmmmmmm- I want one- or three)

Correction, 22" bar

Last edited:
Click this link to tour the Huatai Chainsaw Factory in Hardware City Yongkang Zhejiang China!

I believe that will be a re-branded version of the 58 cc chainsaw on the bay sold as the Yard Dog and other

varieties.http://www.cn-huatai.com/

2558682.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Efco to me, all kinds of Efco references online too, Chinese Efco, $150 free shipping, this may be the PP5020AV's "one up" saw- holy cow that's a lotta saw for $150

Click this link to tour the Huatai Chainsaw Factory in Hardware City Yongkang Zhejiang China!

I believe that will be a re-branded version of the 58 cc chainsaw on the bay sold as the Yard Dog and other varieties.

Them little slant eyes built me one heck of a nice 5020 Poulan- I wwish they worked a little harder and faster though.

I can't see them being anygood.. But in the spirit of cad who's going to order one a make a thread!?

My Efco relation may be de-bunked.. (But click on the "view manual" link, sure looks like Efco images in the manual.

(Yes- talking. From my arse)

08F one fiddy did a build thread on "Earthquake" chainsaws. They were a Chinese copy of a non-strato Red Max 38 cc saw. What he described in the thread (and several of us found when we ordered one) was that it was a decent little saw. It had a true crankcase, adjustable oiler, and with a proper muffler mod was a decent little saw.

The down side was the plastic fit wasn't all that great and it was choked terribly with the factory muffler. The plastic fit wasn't so bad a few minutes with a sharp knife couldn't fix it and who on here doesn't love to do a muffler mod?

Some of the guys on that thread researched and found there were several Chinese factories making copies of the Red Max design, some good and some bad. The factory making the Earthquakes was one of the better ones.

Maybe this is a good copy of another proven design? One of the things the Chinese do very well is reverse engineer mechanical systems...

dd

Latest posts

Back