Best place to buy 346XP NE PC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulpio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Subject pretty much tells what info I'm looking for. The plan is to give old 340 a bit more grunt. There seems to be really many websites in US offering OEM or AM kits. Target is OEM or very, very similar performance AM.
For dly to Finland I'll try if MyUS.com is really able to fulfill all promises they give.
Facts, opinions, rumors...????

The last time I rebuilt a 346XP, I found that the OEM parts were just a few dollars more than the Meteor replacement parts.
At that point, the choice was obvious.
I can purchase an OEM piston and cylinder kit for ~$125 USD from an Amazon seller, unfortunately the Amazon sites for Sweden, Germany, France, and the UK only list aftermarket sets that are not from the best manufacturers.
Shipping a cylinder kit from the US to Finland would likely run in the $40 range, but before I took that route I'd visit a local Husqvarna dealer and see if they can source the part and what they would charge. I've found that Husqvarna parts from a dealer to be reasonably prices as compared to Stihl parts from a dealer.

A 340 does not have a removable cylinder. Unless you put the riser from a 350 on the bottom end and then add the 346 top end.

View attachment 1139422 View attachment 1139425
Yeah, I do know. Although riser is not what feels right to call that part. Isn't it actually upper half of crankcase. Well, on the other hand who em I as a Finn to tell what US people call it🤔😂

The last time I rebuilt a 346XP, I found that the OEM parts were just a few dollars more than the Meteor replacement parts.
At that point, the choice was obvious.
I can purchase an OEM piston and cylinder kit for ~$125 USD from an Amazon seller, unfortunately the Amazon sites for Sweden, Germany, France, and the UK only list aftermarket sets that are not from the best manufacturers.
Shipping a cylinder kit from the US to Finland would likely run in the $40 range, but before I took that route I'd visit a local Husqvarna dealer and see if they can source the part and what they would charge. I've found that Husqvarna parts from a dealer to be reasonably prices as compared to Stihl parts from a dealer.
It is more than 300$ here if I ask a dealer.

I have 3 Husky 350 saws I built last year. One has a Meteor top end, one has a Husqvarna OEM 346XP original edition and the last one has a HWY Titanikel pop up kit. I have not ran any as of yet to let you know which one is best.

But from what I read and hear, the OEM Husky kit may have better port positioning. The aftermarket kits may be a bit off but still run good.

Thanks @Chevboy0167. Ebay can be good and safe place to place order for those. Maybe I wait a couple of weeks and see if someone links some webshops too. I have found some but perhaps there is more. That NE was actually very nice price.

Thanks for this! Do you have the proper part number for the 346xp? And/or is it NLA?

What cylinder would you prefer to replace on a Husqvarna 353. Convert it to a 346 ? Or a new 353. Also Kevin What would you rather port. Thanks

Thanks for this! Do you have the proper part number for the 346xp? And/or is it NLA?

What cylinder would you prefer to replace on a Husqvarna 353. Convert it to a 346 ? Or a new 353. Also Kevin What would you rather port. Thanks
346xp 44.3mm bore
544 14 29-08 has decomp
544 14 29-07 has no decomp

Either of these work well and are what I normally port, but the 353 style posted above can also be made to run. Just depends on what you want

I’m in the process of upgrading my 340 also. Was just planning to do a MM and gasket delete. I’m thinking you’d prefer the 346xp to the 353? Thx!

I bought one of the 544 14 29-08 cylinder kits from Saw again recently and it was $140. You might find d it cheaper elsewhere, but they had all the other parts I needed in stocks and they shipped it out asap. Can't say if they ship across the Atlantic, but it could 't hurt to ask them.

I would like to see some more hp and torque.
I don’t know which one you have now, but you’re probably not going to get both without port work. The XP cylinders make their power in a higher RPM range which raises horsepower but hurts torque a little bit. The 353 cylinders make their power a bit lower which lowers hp and widens the torque curve

I don’t know which one you have now, but you’re probably not going to get both without port work. The XP cylinders make their power in a higher RPM range which raises horsepower but hurts torque a little bit. The 353 cylinders make their power a bit lower which lowers hp and widens the torque curve
That 353 you did not long ago was a nice runner.
Yes.
Adding it to a plastic case, you may have to clearance the right side ribs in the plastic
This had to be done on the jred versions too.

Latest posts

Back