Did I make a mistake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I back-bar almost every tree on a straight-fall job. When you're putting 450-600 stems on the ground in six hours, it's a necessity.

When you're putting 450-600 stems on the ground in 6 hours, of course you're gonna back-bar those 2" trees. :laugh:

Just Josh'n ya JJ. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem as seen here, bought a 390 a month ago and now i'm wishing i woulda got a 361 or 362. The wife is about to go nuts hearing about it:buttkick:

I'm just a weekend firewood guy stockin up for next year and i know the 390 will suit my needs just fine. I've muff modded my 390 and it really woke it up but i'm still regretting not getting a pro saw. I still visit all the local dealers and put the 361/362 in my hands and almost cry (meanwhile the wife is rolling her eyes)

Anybody want a good deal on a 390? LOL:dizzy:

I hope you guys are right. The fuel in the saw is what the dealer put in it. As I said before, I haven't started it. I'm out of town for work and it won't be used at all.

FWIW, I'm a believer in the philosophy that all tools cost the same. Example: you buy cheap tool ten times, average tool five times, and good tool once. The only reason I talked myself out of the 361 was the thought of keeping the wife happy. But last night she asked me why I didn't get the pro saw, and was quite dismayed with my response. Apparently after eight years of marriage, she finally understands my thinking. Also, I won't be satisfied until I get the saw I should have bought in the first place. It was a poor decision on my part to compromise my purchase.

Will let you guys know what happens tomorrow when I call the dealer.

Man that is funny and I can relate with your story about the Mrs.
A couple of years back a coworker was telling me was going after work to trade his Springfield XD in towards a new rifle, I asked him what he wanted for it and was very tempted to buy it, but passed, as I didn't feel right about buying it without talking to the wife about it (could already hear "don't you have enough guns"?)
Well, I mentioned it to her that night, while we were talking in bed, she said, and I quote "You should have bought it, you can never have to many guns"

Man, I will never figure out women.

Thanks!

BTW, the expected life expectancy of the 390, 53/67, very funny.:laugh::laugh:

Wasilla, No you can't see Russia from my house:jester:

Oh boy another Sarah Palin reference...I'm no fan of her but I'll shut up about it cause I don't want to start anything political in here!

Been home for a little over a week, and logging on the computer isn't a priority while I'm here. But, I have taken the 361 out for a test. Cleared the trees near the powerline to my house. I'm impressed. Seems to be a good saw so far. I'm going to admit that the 25" bar was a bit much for my current needs. So I've since installed a 20" bar with an RSF chain. Tomorrow, I'll be in the back forty of my property disposing of a sickly cottonwood. Looking forward to trying the new set up. Now that there's a 25" bar and chain in my shop, I think a 460 would look nice connected to it:dizzy:

Already talked the wife into installing a wood stove downstairs (heavily used fireplace upstairs now) Easy sell since the boiler just crapped another $200 part and we've had several long power outages this past winter.

I have a feeling that this is going to turn into an expensive hobby.........

If you are out of town , not using the saw why would you want the 361. What would you do with it if you could use it? I have a 390 and it frankly suprised the cr_p out of me !!! What a great little saw. Dumped a 4 ft. red fir just to see if it would do it. Got into it and bucked the whole dang thing up before I realized what I was doing. Payed for itself right off the bat..... Enjoy your saw....Get to know it. It might suprise you.......Bob

Latest posts

Back