Did the site get hacked?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.....I like this sites ignore feature. If you but someone on ignore it's like they are completely gone.

I've found heaven. :)

More to it than that Chris.

Many old hands moved on that are not at SH either. They just disappeared.

This site hasn't been the same since the hack. A lot of folks don't care for the new format. I like it now that Darin got all the email notifications working well, but I'm just one guy.

Then there are those that left because they felt the the rebuilding of the site was handled poorly. I almost joined them.

This site isn't in danger of fading away......but it is far diminished from it former self.

I don't post on SH much.......I'm mostly here. I respect all the guys that do post there though. I'd never call them rif raf, or think I was better than them.

I had a blast back in the days of the rep ho days......and those were the guys that helped me laugh my way healthy.
Yeah, the hack was unfortunate and the loss of the archive pictures was sad (and unnecessary). But it is a web forum, it doesn't stay the same forever - things change. Some folks stay around a long time and some move through faster. I was part of a forum for 8 years that was very important to me and many others, and the owners decided to shut it down. Attacks like the one on AS will become increasingly common until the internet becomes unusable. Change happens.

At 50 I've noticed more than few things that have changed when I wish they hadn't, but I don't get to control that. I also don't have time to waste when people with baggage and axes to grind make participating unenjoyable, which is why I left here before and may very well again, but for now there are conversations here that interest me.

If AS is still of interest to you then make of it what you can rather than grousing about what it was.

Who in the hell are you talking too?

I was trying to have an adult discussion with Brad, but I see why you put him on ignore. He's incapable of entertaining any point of view other than his own. I feel sorry for him, having to live in such a world. Always projecting his own shortcomings onto other people because he isn't emotionally stable enough to accept responsibility for his own actions.

Many members need to sit down, take a few breaths and realize its only the internet.

Its already a given a few members will post an irrelevant and useless reply to my current post, and I can name them on one hand. Their ignorance precedes them.

That is whats killing this forum.

Personally I don't care for the useless banter over at SH.

Well, Brad, you've got me to do something I said I'd never do, sign back in here.

Brad, does it ever occur to you, even for a split second, why every major fight that has occurred on this site for the past 5 years or more always includes you as the centerpiece?

Do you honestly think that you are this shining beacon of truth and justice and all of us just pick on you because we are mean, rotten people?

Do you really think we are so stupid that you can call us names, lie to us and when you are called out, believe that your words are being twisted or that you are being misrepresented?

I know you are incapable of ever admitting you are wrong (at least that I've ever seen) but I hope you give it some thought. I have been stunned by the hateful things you have said to others on FB and still am surprised how offended you get after you call others names.

Brad, people don't like you for a reason. Hopefully some day you will have the courage to look at the reason why.

P.S. I'm not rif raf.
I've no idea what was said on FB as I don't do that, but I've read the old "I have a potty mouth" thread and initially some over at SH, and I know quite well what was said about people - some about me and lots about Brad, and plenty of trash talking on a very personal and nasty level about other members on the site, along with general stuff about certain AS forum sections. Some of that was by people posting in this thread. So I'm not seeing a black & white, good vs. bad situation here. Mostly just a lot of really poor behavior from supposed adults who ought to know better.

Things were improving a lot around here, with some good recent threads where many participated and some things were learned. Now we're back to this crap again. What a shame.

da0d6cf8b49175adbbde169d90cd6acf_zps8d526439.jpg

Keep twisting guys, keep twisting. At least you're consistent, true to form and character. The old pack mentality is alive and well.
Hey BS,
Not everyone operates under the delusion that they know best, nor is it feasible to make a derogatory statement about a group of people, and when you get called out for it throw your hands up, and exclaim "What, aren't I entitled to my opinion?" Your mantra was always "For the good of the community", no matter how self-serving it may have been. Well aren't other chainsaw sites part of the "community" you are the self appointed caretaker of. Then why disparage them?
Personally I'm tired of the Brad vs Randy (see I even put your name first so you wouldn't get butt hurt), but the problem is that you carry this enormous chip on your shoulder when it comes to Randy Evans, I have no idea why?
A bunch of us were driven away from this site because of excessive whining to the administration. Has this site truly become better for it? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back