Difference between the 346XP and 346XP/NE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
I have been looking at the 346XP/NE I mean, the Troll and Snelling cannot both be wrong can they?

However, I have been finding a mix of older and newer models available, even at the dealers. So what is the main difference, and how can you tell them apart?

I am a :newbie: to the Dark Side...

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
The easiest thing is the silver clutch gaurd on the NE. However, if it is a used saw, I guess, someone could have swapped it out. The NE also has a primer bulb. I don't think the old one does.

I just got a 346xp ne last week, and so far it is great.

nikocker

nikocker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oh Oh. . .

I have been looking at the 346XP/NE I mean, the Troll and Snelling cannot both be wrong can they?

However, I have been finding a mix of older and newer models available, even at the dealers. So what is the main difference, and how can you tell them apart?

Hey Thrown if you make the move to the NE346XP, what's next? Just be sure you're OK with the bent grip . . some can't "handle" it. LOL -LOL. Anyway, we are always ready to make room for more Husky fans. . . DO FOR IT!

Al :cheers: :cheers:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

You sure are welcome! :cheers:

The easiest thing is the silver clutch gaurd on the NE. However, if it is a used saw, I guess, someone could have swapped it out. The NE also has a primer bulb. I don't think the old one does.

I just got a 346xp ne last week, and so far it is great.

The safe sign is the primer bulb, as clutch and starter cover can be changed out.

Top cover also is slightly different in shape, but that is harder to see, and I am not sure if it happened exactly at the same time as the other changes.......

Last edited:
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
A PNW member going to the dark side:cry:

Only 'cause there are no Dolmar saws to be had locally and Stihl has a gap in best of class 50cc saws. I am using smaller saws more now doing a lot of tree butcher work, and doing a lot less logging/thinning of tree stands.

But do not worry! I will put a long enough monster west coast bar on it to make the Troll cringe.

Latest posts