Difference in DaKine builders packs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity I had to look this pack up. Back in the late 80's into the early 90's I worked as a land surveyor specializing in remote work. This pack would have been the bomb back then for hiking into and out of back country jobs. I packed my saws the old fashioned way, bar on my shoulder and powerhead behind me.

I can't comment directly on this pack, but I can comment on Dakine quality. My family has several Dakine packs that we wear backcountry snowmobiling. All of them are over 10 years old and have been holding up great. I've never had an issue with one.

The pack you are looking at would be great if you're hiking into a job over a mile away. If you are driving to a job I can't see it being very useful. The saw has to be completely cooled before it goes into the pack, so it's only really useful for hiking in and hiking back.

Theres only one size. The one on amazon is what you would call a rip off!

What you want to know. Its a good pack ive had one since they came out, 5 years?

Theres only one size. The one on amazon is what you would call a rip off!

What you want to know. Its a good pack ive had one since they came out, 5 years?

A guy from BC has the answer !!!

I'll order one.

My kid and I used to head to Valhalla PP in the 80s every year.

Before it got crowded.

Many thanks

Last edited:
They have been the same design for the past two years. I think the zipper pulls were a little nicer on the old ones, but both work better than anything else on the market for the price.

Latest posts

Back