difrence in loaders?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf66

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking at several trucks right now, I want to buy ASAP. One unit has a barco 40 loader on it.
another just states 1992 IHC lader, looks compatable with the barco 40.The last of the inexpensive ones is a NationalN45 knuckle boom. I like all those trucks and any one will work well for my tree service, but i am going to be transporting logs to mills and i want a decent loader that can handle 30" oak logs at 10'.
I see a Hiab knuckle boom with 24' side reach and rated at 4,850lbs
Now for a tad bit more i am looking at a hood 7000 with 22' loader (this apears to be beefier)
A prentice loder looks to be about the same size on a GMC, but no boom description. The other issue is these smaller units like the barco 40 (looks like 18-20' sid ereach and the owner says it handles 16' logs fully extandable. I am going to go look at this truck in the morning, it is reasonable, but has a big gas motor and with todays fuel prices, I really want a diesel. any info on these diffrent boom models would be highly apreciated.

If I had to pick from that list I'd go with the Prentice. You're going to have a hard time finding a body long enough for your logs though. Standard grapple truck bodies are usually 18 ft long.

Guess you couldn't find any used Petersens. We have one, but it's still waiting to go in and be refurbished before sale, and we haven't established a price on it yet.
Have you tried Trucks & Parts www.trucks.com or Mirk? They usually have quite a few in stock.

Latest posts

Back