Dimensions for the Husqvarna case splitter tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I did to mine when the swivel tip broke off. It is an 11mm bearing welded on.

attachment.php

See attached.
Print 1:1 or 100%
Thanks for posting this. Another member mailed me a template but I cant recall where I placed it. I started looking and found this PDF. Great stuff! IDK if I printed it the right size... If someone gives me some better dimensions I will add them to this template and repost it. That way in the future someone can print this to scale and verify the print scale is accurate... let me know.

The tubing is basically 1.5" x 1" x .125 wall rectangular tubing, but it must be a metric size, because it measures slightly over that (1.5" square tubing would be fine)......the flat plates that make the fork are .25" plate and the fork measures 1.125" inside and 1.625 outside.

Im having trouble visualizing the measurements you are describing here because the math isnt adding up to me... Can you possibly post a picture to help? A 0.25" flat plate welded flush with the 1.25" sides of the rectangular tube should make the forks 1.5" outside and 1" inside the plates... Maybe the plates are something other than 0.25"? Can someone confirm?

The dimension in the fourth pic is important.

Im having trouble visualizing the measurements you are describing here because the math isnt adding up to me... Can you possibly post a picture to help? A 0.25" flat plate welded flush with the 1.25" sides of the rectangular tube should make the forks 1.5" outside and 1" inside the plates... Maybe the plates are something other than 0.25"? Can someone confirm?

The tube on mine is roughly 1 5/8" x 1 3/16 "
Marshy, the space that Murph quoted is really the one that is important.

They make 2 or 3 different models of these and any one of them will work on a variety of saws with a little tweaking.

Spread the forks for the larger saws. Squeeze them together for the small ones. Clearance here or there on the plates.

Well I plan to use this on a Husky 2100 right out of the gate so I'll probably need the 1.125" in between the forks eh?

I guess I have two options, use 3/16" plate with the 1.5" square tube or use the the 1/4" plate with 1.625" square tube... both give 1.125" inside the forks. Thanks.

I down loaded the Husqvarna splitter template and took a ruler to it and made dimensions on it. I also printed anopther one and started working some plates to make my splitter. I'm going to post the print here incase anyone wanted to use the rough dimensions as apposed to the printed template. I will admitt, I had trouble at first getting it to print full sized. I went back and tried to verify the printed one was as close to the pictures of the tape measure as I could. The picture angles of the tape measure were not that good. In anycase, I dont think being a 1/16" or even an 1/8" off on any one dimension will make the tool inoperable. If someone wants to double check the dimensions on my print then feel free to correct me.

BTW, I decided to use 3/16" plate steel and a 1.5x1.5 piece of tube steel for the "backbone". Just drop both pieces on the weld table and but the plate up to the square stock and weld. That should yield 1.125" between the plates. If you used 1/4 plate you need 1-5/8 x 1-5/8" tube steel to get the 1.125" spacing inside the forks. According to you guys earlier posts you said the splitters is 1.125" inside the forks...

BB79A06D-DC62-449D-9A68-95C50830E428.jpg

Ignore the 1-3/16" dimension at the bottom of the photo thats just was what I measured, it will very pending what size square stock you weld your plates to. The overall dimension of the plates you need to cut are 5-5/8" by 6-1/8". Ill throw up a progress photo when I get there. I have the overall shape roughed out with a 4" cutting wheel on my die grinder. Next is to deburr, cplam them together and finish to shape with the 4" grinder.

Am I missing something here but if your plates are welded on the outside of the "backbone" plate, the distance between the plates will be whatever the thickness of the backbone plate is. Just wondering, I'm fixing to fab one of these and am just getting all my ducks in a row.

Am I missing something here but if your plates are welded on the outside of the "backbone" plate, the distance between the plates will be whatever the thickness of the backbone plate is. Just wondering, I'm fixing to fab one of these and am just getting all my ducks in a row.
You are correct. The stock used for the backbone in mine was 1.125" thick so the plates overlapped the stock to get the 1.125" distance inside of the forks. Lots of ways to skin this cat.

Looks to be where the rod journal pin is pressed into the crank counter weight. Shouldn't be an issue. We're only talking .050 wider than the 1.125" width my tool was built to. It can be modified with a BFH to accommodate.

Back