dingo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeone

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anyone here use a dingo for tree work? moving logs ? pulling over trees ? that kinda stuff.

you prefer it over a skid steer?

We are going for minimal landscape impact here...

Yes. I use a Thomas 25G mini loader. We use for lifting logs, etc. It is great and fits in small places. Can lift 500lbs

I have an 863 bobcat I use for your above listed tasks, but I think a dingo sized machine would do awesome, with a lot less landscape or grass to fix. Look at the ditchwitch models. I don't use any of the too much anymore, but I liked it over the dingo and bobcat when I did. I've also seen them demoing the vermeer a lot, might see if your vermeer dealer has one. I think a machine of that size would greatly come in handy.
greg

I have a Prowler miniskid track loader, 640 lbs cap. I like it a lot, but for running over lawns, I use my Gehl Advantage mini articulated wheel loader. It can lift 700 lbs. I have run it back and forth, made the tightest turns it is capable of over the finest lawns and you could barely tell it was there. The only drawback is it will not fit through a 36 inch gate. It is 40 inches wide. The Prowler is 34 inches in width but will tear up a lawn unless you make very wide turns. Running straight is OK. Hauling brush is fun with these machines. I also use the grapple to feed the chipper. The chipping gets done 3 times faster than by hand, but you need a big chipper like an 18 inch machine.

I have a dingo and love it....

its like having a team of 5 groundies at your disposal.

Last edited:
I will try and get a picture posted this weekend. I have been having a problem with my Nikon View program. It keeps saying no card in camera. :angry: I tried reinstalling the program, same response. I will try using another card and see what happens. Anyway, here is the link to the Gehl loader that I have.
http://www.gehl.com/avantage/

I have a Kanga loader, and there's some video's you can watch which show it both grinding and taking logs out. We also use it a lot for pulling the trees over on their scarfs (notches)

This ones 4.25min and 7.25MB ; shows taking log out.

www.palmtreeservices.com.au/video/fellingawashy.wmv

Toward the end of this video you will see the stump grinder in action and a good description on the machine. I chose the Kanga over the Dingo for the stump grinder, its way faster as it has it's own engine driving nothing but the cutting head.

13.6mb and a whopping 8.22mins

http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/video/ekkasworld.wmv

Cheers. :)

bringing up a dead post

ekka where did you get your grinder power head??
I havent decieded if i would get a wheeld or tracked boxer loader.

Also whats better terra stump grinder

Or ekka's grindeR?? and more pics???

Latest posts

Back