Directioinal falling ?s for the pro's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro, It seems as though you consider GOL stuff as either superior technique, or the secret component to some perceived capability. On the contrary, the GOL skill set is just one piece of the pie, one tool in the bag. Just one. A good start, but not a complete fallers package.

Dude....i fall timber for a living....been for 10yrs....i didnt say GOL is the only way but it DOES work for alot of situations......as much of the twisted up dangerous steep ground that i work on i probably GOL 1-4 trees a day...depending on the circumstances...i use another technique that one of the best veteran fallers that i know taught me and im not about to give it up over the net....you work with me for a day you MIGHT catch me doing it...you might not...:D;)

It you have power lines, houses, etc., consider a lift. A few years ago my daughter bought a house. It had 2 huge silver maples out front, power lines on 3 sides and the house on the fourth. I told them those trees had to go, the sooner the better and it had to be done professionally. Advice many here would back me on. Do your kids listen to you?

Next thing I know, I get an email. They are renting a lift, his dad is coming with his chain saw, and I am to bring mine. The power company came and dropped the power line coming in between the trees. We took down the cable and phone ourselves. It took 3 days of nibbling, but the trees are gone with no problems at all.

A small lift will onlyu run a little over $100/day.

Before that, I had attack a big leaner in my front yard. Hollow and all the weight on the side towards the house. I also wanted to miss another tree. Hinged and wedged it. It did come closer to the house than I aimed, but within my margin of error.

Dude....i fall timber for a living....been for 10yrs....i didnt say GOL is the only way but it DOES work for alot of situations......as much of the twisted up dangerous steep ground that i work on i probably GOL 1-4 trees a day...depending on the circumstances...i use another technique that one of the best veteran fallers that i know taught me and im not about to give it up over the net....you work with me for a day you MIGHT catch me doing it...you might not...:D;)

Whenever you are ready to reveal such stunning secrets please let me know, Houdini. I'd really like to see some stuff thats more badass than the best guys on here. You might be able to revolutionize an entire industry. You teach any young roust-abouts today?

:ices_rofl:

Here is a way I do it sometimes especially sweetgums,poplars etc!

Excuse my art lol

The anchor cable needs to be tight, snug and directly behind lean or slightly toward direction
of fall and behind lean as it will tighten more as tree begins flight. It is important for the cable to be adequate to withstand forces placed on it as well. On gums the hinge almost always breaks if these control measures are skipped. If it does not have to swing much I will many times skip that step and adjust gun to a lesser degree!

Whenever you are ready to reveal such stunning secrets please let me know, Houdini. I'd really like to see some stuff thats more badass than the best guys on here. You might be able to revolutionize an entire industry. You teach any young roust-abouts today?

Hmmmmm...LMFAO:ices_rofl:...when did i say the stuff i do is bada$$?..inform me.....because i clearly dont know....LMFAO!!!!!!!

Oooohhh...wait wait wait....i cant forget this...WHO is the best guy on here?......how long have you worked with them?....how many loads did you pull that day?...lmao

Last edited:
I love it!!!...lmao this is great!!!!! lololololol...some kid wants me to teach him to cut!!.....hahahahahahahahah......sorry....the ignorance is sooooo funny though.......you have alot to learn young whipper snapper.......cockyness gets many upon many of people hurt......obviously by that statement you perhaps dont know it all?...like you once may have thaught?....if you dont learn something everyday in the woods....stay home!!!.....you can babble on more.......but it escalades the ignorance.....:D

if you have anything else to say you can PM me...i like to keep some 056 spam out of the threads...

Last edited:
Girls, girls, girls. Here I thought to get another couple of bags o tricks for felling.
So what do we get:
Panty pulls.:hmm3grin2orange:

I love it!!!...lmao this is great!!!!! lololololol...some kid wants me to teach him to cut!!.....hahahahahahahahah......sorry....the ignorance is sooooo funny though.......you have alot to learn young whipper snapper.......cockyness gets many upon many of people hurt......obviously by that statement you perhaps dont know it all?...like you once may have thaught?....if you dont learn something everyday in the woods....stay home!!!.....you can babble on more.......but it escalades the ignorance.....:D

if you have anything else to say you can PM me...i like to keep some 056 spam out of the threads...

I've been around plenty of dudes like you. All talk and no show. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

I've been around plenty of dudes like you. All talk and no show. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

WTF is this ?:chainsawguy:

Can we please get on track ?:notrolls2:

Oh, get rid of this "dude" thing. There are no ranches Downeast.

Last edited:
The ignorance 'escalades' alright...

Im not asking you to teach me to cut. . . I am challenging you and your "secrets". .

Last edited by a moderator:

Huh...funny...i thaught the same thing about you when i read your comment..:laugh:......they say you can act like the people your around alot.....judging by this...must be the truth.

Latest posts

Back