Directional Felling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_girard

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just wanted to ask other loggers how they explain using the sight lines on their saws for directional felling to new trainees. Sometimes I actually have to put a peg in the ground and tell them to aim right for it.
Please see my JPEG drawing and see what you guys think.
Kevin Watson showed me how to do these drawings, thanks again Kev.
-CHRIS

Thanks Bob, I appreciate it. Of course in the sketch I'm refering to a tree w/no sidelean.
I have a few other questions and drawings to use in dealing with trees with sidelean and backlean, but I'll save that for another time
-Chris

Hi Rob, thanks for the info on the book. I think I'll go ahead and purchase it, because I'm always looking for new reading material so that I may do a better job while working in the woods.
Other members may like to see the info that you mentioned though.
-Thanks
-Chris

Chris, you've described it about as best it can anyone can. If they can't figure that out then they need to stick to setting chokers!!

Chris,

You'll love that book I think it's the best reading material anyone in the timber industry can read and learn some things from,the book has alot to do with hinging,and dealing with all types of leaners,I'll scan an post that info later on tonight for all to see.

Ryan,

What did you say your gonna stick to setting chokers..:DSo how's the logging going..

Later Rob.

What, Chris you say you want to come set chokers for me for a week???:D Rob, its not so much the setting of them that I dislike..... Its when the #%$#$#@@@# logs roll the wrong way as they are being yarded in and I have to walk back down (or up) the hill to unhitch them then rehitch them after I have move the cable to the other side of the tree so they don't get hung up:mad: gets old QUICK!!!

Latest posts

Back