Dirty MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's shown in the picture needs to be blown out.

I just use the beer and garden hose method been working for me with no ill effects

I wasn't sure if anything needed to be done besides blowing out debris.
I've never cleaned any of my saws with water, just occasional gas on a rag wipe-down

Yeah i would spray that down with solvent and hit it with an old toothbrush. All that crap is gonna hold in heat and not let the flywheel cool the case as it was designed - poor air flow.

I use a stiff toothbrush and compressed air to clear out the areas around the flywheel and coil. Also an awl to dig crud out of the corners. The cylinder fins need to be cleared as well; the problem with the MS210-250 series saws is you can't take off the cylinder shroud without taking most the saw apart. So you're left with poking around the cylinder fins from the clutch side as best as possible and shooting compressed air from the flywheel side up towards the cylinder.

If this was me

I would take the saw apart and do the dish washer trick to it :msp_smile:

Then after that I would blower it off every month then it wouldn't get that bad any more :msp_wink:

Looks like the classic overheat and potential fried top end situation! Personaly I would clean it. With a nice compressor you will have it clean in about 5-10min. I don't make 40-80$ a minute.

Last edited:
When I'm done cutting I remove the bar, grind the chain, and clean everything, then I put it back together so it's ready for the next use.
Might be overkill, but for what these saws cost it's worth it to me.

Thanks for the advice
FYI avatar pic is of my wife, check my thread 'business advice' for more pics if u care

My 250's are used 5-days a week and blown out 1x a week not including daily air filter clean.

Latest posts

Back