Disc Golf Courses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscGolfCourseWarfare

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am from the New England area

I am an avid disc golfer and have become rather intense on growing/evolving the sport I love to the next level

I have always done outside work and that has lead me to start specializing on the new course construction aspect of that process

Most all of the warriors like myself are grassroot volunteer individuals

Of late we have been taking various plots of land varying in acreage and sculpting them into playable disc golf courses for people to enjoy

It is great to see an otherwise unused portion of land going from an overgrown forrest to a breath taking destination for adventure

The land owners range from federal,state,local,private and the addition of a DG course brings much needed traffic to help the property sustain

That all said I just think this is a great community to belong to as we share many of the same hurdles,resources,and joys

At our sports top nationwide event where the top players in the world come to compete year after year that the course itself is out shining even the best talent the world has to offer. The topic of discussion was mostly regarding the course and how they wanted to vaction just to play it.

An age old discussion in Disc Golf is how to attract sponsorships to further attract top athletes to compete and help courses take things to the next level

Most of the talks lead to what does the DG player use? shoes,disc,bags, etc etc
During that top event mentioned above a random chatter during the live feed made a great point,"why don't the tools that were used to build this course be approached for sponsorship"

Most didn't even realize how great a point that truly was. I didn't respond to him but the wheels starting turning in my head.

I have pondered since then on how to make that happen

How I made it to this site, I google searched "chainsaws made in america" and this site was semi first on list linked to a discussion. The consensus was not much it around and then it lead o some politics on American labor etc etc

As my thoughts were would be nice to link up with some American maker that manufactures the tools of the trade to create a Disc Golf Course. To see if they had any interest in growing their brand through Disc Golf Event advertising as many disc golfers are no stranger to chainsaws,and other tools of the trade

So my question is who makes saws in America?

I also want to add the 21ft polesaw by Silky is awesome any comparable US polesaws?

The baby is up from nap, prob a good thing I tend to type forever
I have many more things I would love to discuss and learn

discuss?
thanks

I didn't know frisbee and Chainsaws were connected. I haven't seen them on display at the stihl or husky dealer. I guess it's good to have a silky though in case you get your disc stuck on a limb.

nice I like the crowd around here, funny guys
yes "disc" and chainsaws are connected
kinda like the chicken or egg what came first?
if no chainsaws to make a course, would "disc" be as popular as they are today?

I also want to add the 21ft polesaw by Silky is awesome any comparable US polesaws?

none that big that i know of but check barnels theirs is just as good as the hayauchi. i think its still made in australia.

Welcome! if u have to cut a lot of trees for the course, why not just build one in the open and plant trees?

I prune the local community disc golf course in here in Colorado. More often than not, trees get butchered by the public. Row after row of scarred up trees from poor drives in narrow lanes and snapped tree limbs for better shots. Free courses get trashed by novices who couldn't care less about etiquette.
I would say that overgrown forests are a lot more beautiful undisturbed rather than modified for a game. Any game.
Sorry if I sound abrasive. Private courses are much nicer by design but most are not "for profit entities". They are designed by serious enthusiasts for serious enthusiasts. Etiquette or sponsoring does not seem to be an issue with these established courses.

when you design with nature instead of against nature you can create a great balance between nature and a game
I agree about public vs private and I also don't enjoy seeing poor designs and abusive play by people

much with anything in life, no matter what it is good and bad apples are out there
all you can do is plant the tree

edit
also thanks for the work you do out on the course!

More often than not, trees get butchered by the public. Row after row of scarred up trees from poor drives in narrow lanes .

Uh wait a asecond i never played this game but aren't the discs Plastic? How can a plastic disc butcher a tree? Is the bark that thin?

he is correct after years of hard molded 170gram disc being thrown at full speed whacking trees that are designed to be an obstacle...it takes a toll

disc golf is alive and booming...ultimate fields are packed around these parts more then little league games anymore

I can't throw 141's they flip to much..and the wind crushes them

Back