"Discontinued Chain?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themadd1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I went online to Bailey and tried to buy a new reel of Oregon 72LG and a reel of 91VS and guess what.....

They stopped producing it. I believe but dont quote me because Oregon doesnt have a customer/technical support phone number that I could call but they stopped making it and are now only selling it in anti-kickback chain. Anti-kickback is for homeowners who are not familiar with how to use a chainsaw. I sent Oregon (I cant remember off the top of my head the real corporate name) an email today to ask why and also ask them to either start up the line again or sell me some of their old stock.

How many people out there actually use this chain? I always found it quality product and lasted a long time..

Also, if they dont have any in old stock or wont go back to making it the "good" way, what would you recommend.

It seems to me that chain is the bread and butter of our business. Who knows maybe it's an OHSA thing..

LGX replaced it and it has a bumper link, which doesnt catch as well.

Oregon%2072LGX072G-2.jpg

Check`out Amickssuperstore in the sponsor section under the thread LGX.

when`it first came out, if had a bumper drive link, not a bumper tie strap like you are making it sound.

It is now normal

I see, I will talk to bailey's again. They said it had a bumper link so I thought the picture was wrong. So you have ordered a reel and it didnt have the bumper? Just making sure you know how expensive it is to buy chain and how time consuming it is to have to return it.

On bailey's online catalog the picture looks like this below.
it has the bumper.

So I finally had a conversation with OREGON, and one of their distributors about this chain. Here is what I found out.

Like Freakingstang stated earlier Oregon did go back to the old style drive link system.

The dealer I spoke with said he just got a call from Oregon yesterday that they were switching back to the old style system.

Now I have to just wait until it is out here in the dealers supply chain. Hopefully, I can get some soon.

Latest posts

Back