dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have a score on some Chineese saws coming, there is a guy I used to work with that imports kitchen cabinets and resells them at a huge markup, I told him to try and get me a price on a cargo container full of new saws and he said he would look into it, I figure it might be worth at least finding out what I could get as I'm sure the guy on the bay is making money.

People here (town people) love these Earthquake saws for stuff around there house and the price they pay for them and it puts money in my pocket :msp_rolleyes:

JMO

Got one too:)

After reading this popular thread I decided to get one, payed 38 for it and came in a box with bar ,Chain , wrench , file , saw!, manual and file!
Sniffed at the fuel tank and smelled like fuel. Bar oil tank clean as a whistle.

Put it together and fueled it , 4 pulles it popped and its a runner.

I hope more designs will come out china like this, maybe already ported??:msp_w00t:

People here (town people) love these Earthquake saws for stuff around there house and the price they pay for them and it puts money in my pocket :msp_rolleyes:

JMO

Will you knock it off with the CYA JMO?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

well i need to buy a few more,, i just sold another one today for a profit,, glad i have 3 more coming tuesday

Well Fedrex said they came came by on the 3rd and no one was home BS, They then said they came back on the 4th and left it at the front door no saw was left. I have an automatic gate at the end of the driveway and live in the weeds. I believe the Fedpric just put it out wherever. Who know what will happen now and yes I have made a claim.

Well my $40 saw came today - here are my first impressions:

The saw was in the original box with packing inserts and had never been run, but there was oil all over the bottom. I suspect it will be a leaker.

The quality of the castings, machining and plastic parts is poor.

There were vertical scratches on the piston from casting flash in the exhaust port, but the ring seems fine.

The exhaust port looks small, but I want to measure it and compare to the port on a 42cc Poulan - might be an illusion.

I figure with a mild porting and muffler mod, and a few minutes cleaning up the plastic with an X-acto it will probably be a useable saw. I don't know when or if I'll get around to it, but it might be a good winter diversion. For $40 I'm not complaining - the bar, chain, clutch, sprocket, oil pump, spike and scabbard were worth that. But this thing is nowhere close to a box store Poulan for quality or technology (non-strato). I'm certainly not interested in getting another.

got the saw in some wood today and it cuts 'ok' (half dry Euch). The saw won't pull itself into the word...needs a little help...so will file the rakers down another couple of thousandths. I don't like this type of guard-link everywhere crap chain so ordered a better one from Baileys. The clutch seems to be slipping when I push it a little...stops the chain but doesn't lug the motor. Any suggestions on the clutch issue? Overall I really can't complain much :D

I managed to fix my neighbors Crapsman 36cc. The thing has a ZAMA carb that doesn't tune like the Walbros I'm used to...had to set the hi screw at about 2 full turns, sheesh. That's why it was so fuel-starved when pulling the trigger. Getting it tuned and idling was a nightmare. He owes me several beers now :p

Well my $40 saw came today - here are my first impressions:

The saw was in the original box with packing inserts and had never been run, but there was oil all over the bottom. I suspect it will be a leaker.

The quality of the castings, machining and plastic parts is poor.

There were vertical scratches on the piston from casting flash in the exhaust port, but the ring seems fine.

The exhaust port looks small, but I want to measure it and compare to the port on a 42cc Poulan - might be an illusion.

I figure with a mild porting and muffler mod, and a few minutes cleaning up the plastic with an X-acto it will probably be a useable saw. I don't know when or if I'll get around to it, but it might be a good winter diversion. For $40 I'm not complaining - the bar, chain, clutch, sprocket, oil pump, spike and scabbard were worth that. But this thing is nowhere close to a box store Poulan for quality or technology (non-strato). I'm certainly not interested in getting another.

what was you expecting a huskie or stihl,,,geeezzzz,,, its a freaking 40.00 jap saw:cheers::cheers:

Hahahaha! Thats some funny sh*t:hmm3grin2orange:

"I have a potty mouth",:msp_mad::msp_mad: :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
yea i am 50 going on 51 in a couple of months,, yes i am over the hill,,, when i fart i leave brown streaks,, its hard to get a boner,, i drool all over myself,,, now,, you happy that you got all the old man info :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back