DIY Woodburner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterbean 150

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good Morning. Im planning on welding up a wood burner for my shop/man cave. I fabbed up a woodburner based on a Jotul 118 and it works great for the house. I have seen base burning designs and downdraft designs. I would like to hear opinions on those if you have any. Sizes? What size wood? Pros/cons.
I burn seasoned hardwoods and will have an outside masonry chimney. Thanks for the input.

Are you sure you want to build?
I see wood stoves on Facebook and Craigslist all the time for under $200.

Good Morning. Im planning on welding up a wood burner for my shop/man cave. I fabbed up a woodburner based on a Jotul 118 and it works great for the house. I have seen base burning designs and downdraft designs. I would like to hear opinions on those if you have any. Sizes? What size wood? Pros/cons.
I burn seasoned hardwoods and will have an outside masonry chimney. Thanks for the input.
From what you are saying it sounds like the one you already built is fairly detailed? Any pictures of that. It sounds like you are talking more than a steel box with a chimney and door.

Back