Do blue husky coils have internal advance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a box of blue Husqvarna coils with only one of them a 13,000. They are take-offs where I replaced them with black coils. Most are 13,500's but there are a couple 14,000.

AFAIK the black ones are fixed timing.

I guess what I'm asking - is there a timing advantage to using the blue coils?

Do the blue coils have any advance built into them as the rpm increases like a few of the Stihl coils do?

I have a box of blue Husqvarna coils with only one of them a 13,000. They are take-offs where I replaced them with black coils. Most are 13,500's but there are a couple 14,000.

AFAIK the black ones are fixed timing.

I guess what I'm asking - is there a timing advantage to using the blue coils?

Do the blue coils have any advance built into them as the rpm increases like a few of the Stihl coils do?

my guess is that they do, it can be checked by scribing a line on your clutch and add a pointer off one of the bar studs, then run it using a timing light, although it's not going to show the curve of the timing.......................old 040

I think it's more that they have timing retard built into them, to facilitate easier starting. If the blue one runs stronger in the cut, then simply advance your timing when using the black one. Total timing is total timing.

I think it's more that they have timing retard built into them, to facilitate easier starting. If the blue one runs stronger in the cut, then simply advance your timing when using the black one. Total timing is total timing.

A magneto ignition can't advance itself beyond it's charge cycle can it? .. so what they would likely do was have the mounting location advanced with circuitry to retard the timing until peak RPM (where it is behaving like a normal coil).

I wonder if you can tell by comparing them directly (looking at pickup vs mount location)?

just throwin that out there... I don't know S%&#

Latest posts

Back