Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What no greens???
How bout zippers, crowders, pinkeyes, white acres, butter beans, fried okra, etc?
If i get the chance to get there i will bring a pot of peas.

Now i need to get my cajun bride up off the couch and fix a peach cobbler.

I'm fully educated in southern food. Just had a different outcome than many locals. We've been here about 16 years but that's not long enough for chitlins. (or collard greens or boiled okra or chicken livers) Just ya'll bring your saws, save the chitlins for later. lol.
I've been here 34 years, and I eat all the things in parentheses. But I must admit that 3 and a half decades ain't even enough for chitlins. LOL!

What no greens???
How bout zippers, crowders, pinkeyes, white acres, butter beans, fried okra, etc?

Yeah, no greens works for me. Fried okra's good, peas/beans are good. Have no idea what zippers or pinkeyes are (I lived in Cajun country for a while back in the mid 80's flying floatplanes for the oil industry.) Now please do bring some peach cobbler.

Zippers, crowders,, pinkeyes are all peas.
The oil industry flies a lot. Grand Isle La. had miles of helos lined up for flying crews in and out to the rigs.

I have a farm outside of Statesboro that i rent part of the cropland to a produce farmer. I grow a little sweet corn too, so i eat lots of good southern food.

If the shrimp show up thick i am trying to stock the freezer this year. Yall like shrimp?

The oil industry flies a lot. Grand Isle La. had miles of helos lined up for flying crews in and out to the rigs.

I have a farm outside of Statesboro that i rent part of the cropland to a produce farmer. I grow a little sweet corn too, so i eat lots of good southern food.

If the shrimp show up thick i am trying to stock the freezer this year. Yall like shrimp?
Man there ain't nothin like Beaufort shrimp! Best shrimp in the world come from right there around the Savannah.

I'm fully educated in southern food. Just had a different outcome than many locals. We've been here about 16 years but that's not long enough for chitlins. (or collard greens or boiled okra or chicken livers) Just ya'll bring your saws, save the chitlins for later. lol.

Herm, I was born and raised about 2.5hrs south of you and none of those find their way onto my plate either, though I will admit that I like mustard greens pretty well.

What no greens???

All of them, Yep!!

You can keep the Chittlins though

I think my mom stays in stateboro for the winter. I will ask

Statesboro Blues...I was in Statesboro from "82-97. I saw the college go from 900 students in the summer to over 13000 for fall. Now they are above 20000 for fall. The town has tripled in size. It was a sleepy small south Georgia town that happened to have a college. Now, it has the feeling of Athens south. I played racquetball with Erk Russell. He was as competitive on the court as he was on the football field.

Herm, I was born and raised about 2.5hrs south of you and none of those find their way onto my plate either, though I will admit that I like mustard greens pretty well.
When we moved to Missouri in 1990, we had to import mustard green (Florida broad leaf) seeds up here. Been growing them every year. Like most all southern food, but never eat a chitlin... ;)

I could win a shrimp eatin contest! :D Spent the first half of my life near the Gulf Coast...

Ok, enough food! Makes it hard to concentrate on the tasks at hand. Hope to finish moving logs to the GTG site today. I got them all out of the mud, now just need to relocate them a few hundred yards. It's a pain though as I have to go to the hangar and get the truck and trailer, drive it over to the loading area, walk back to the hangar and get the Bobcat and take it to the loading area, load the logs, drive the Bobcat back to the hangar, walk back to the truck and pull the trailer full of logs over. Unload the logs, take the Bobcat over to the loading area, walk back to get the truck/trailer, repeat as necessary....
On a happy note, yesterday I ordered a grapple like the one I've been using. Should be here in a few weeks.

Stateboro was a little farming/ railroad town with a teachers college. It has grown but it still has a small town feel in places. I know of a few gas stations around that have a few old chairs in the corner that the old men use in the afternoon to talk/gossip and visit.

My uncle ate breakfast with Erk at Stookys most mornings.

You get wood for a fire to cook food, just a natural progression.
You showed a pic of wood so we immediately progressed to food, sorry we got ahead of ourselves.

Stateboro was a little farming/ railroad town with a teachers college. It has grown but it still has a small town feel in places. I know of a few gas stations around that have a few old chairs in the corner that the old men use in the afternoon to talk/gossip and visit.

My uncle ate breakfast with Erk at Stookys most mornings.

You get wood for a fire to cook food, just a natural progression.
You showed a pic of wood so we immediately progressed to food, sorry we got ahead of ourselves.

It's Snooky's, and too bad it closed. I've spent many a dollar there...and my Mom went to GSU when it was Georgia Teachers College...and the "paint" rock in Sweetheart Circle. Legend had it that it started as just a pebble and everyone kept adding layers of paint until it grew into a boulder.

Latest posts

Back