Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, there you guys go getting all wrapped up in the food again. This isn't a culinary GTG. Well, we'll do the best we can but.... it's supposed to be about chainsaws.

Now that I have some logs piled up, next on the list is to blow the dust off the rifle and go searching for one of the three little pigs. If I could fell one of those, maybe Warpig6 would put it in his smoker and then we'd have a good start on a southern feast.

chainsaws are too loud and messy. we like to sit around and bench race em more than run em

Dang, there you guys go getting all wrapped up in the food again. This isn't a culinary GTG. Well, we'll do the best we can but.... it's supposed to be about chainsaws.

Now that I have some logs piled up, next on the list is to blow the dust off the rifle and go searching for one of the three little pigs. If I could fell one of those, maybe Warpig6 would put it in his smoker and then we'd have a good start on a southern feast.
We'll cook some BBQ one way or another. Let me know if you need some help harvesting a hog. Haven't been hog huntin in several years.

Hogs are smart, they don't want to climb up those steep hills up there.
Do we need a pig shoot? I have a selection of smoke poles.

You need a chainsaw when you go hunting. Chainsaws and food are directly related.

What about sharp knives?
Anybody bringing a 241 and 261?

Pie? How bout mixing blueberries and peaches then throwing them into a cobbler.

If i can make it there i have some metal folding chairs that i could bring. Spectators, judges and food critics may need chairs. You could even set a chainsaw in one for display, pictures and such.

I'll bring a few saws........not sure what all though.

My 241 is going to mweba for awhile, and my 261 is up north. :cry:

Some saws I would like to try as I never have:
Stihl MS261, 361, 046/460/461 (one of each for comparison) MS200T, MS201T
Huskys in any of the xp models, especially the 346 and its cousins except for the 372.
Any really big saws
Makita 6400 and 7900 family
Anything ported (especially next to a stock saw)

Saws I can show up with:
Stihl 070, 026, 039, 044, 019T, MS660
Maybes are: Stihl 025, 036, MS290, MS310, Poulan 4000, Mac 10-10

So all this southern food talk.... took my groundie to a southern cooking restaurant for lunch and I tried some collard greens (not bad), peach cobbler (delicious), stewed tomatoes (good), and of course the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, shrimp, coleslaw, etc. She had the catfish.
Cokes come in a quart mason jar. A real southern place. (ya know, guys with bib overalls and all that stuff)

Back