Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have fun and saw safe. I'd love to make it, but I gotta finish a big home project I started a few weekends ago, this weekend...re-staining out log sided house. Just like one side, but it's 28' off the ground and gonna be slow go.

Maybe next time.
You need a bucket truck [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made signs and cut stakes to mount them on, (Poulan green signs, look for them, they just say GTG with an arrow.)
Fixed up the Stihl MS441 so should have that available to cut with. And someone can take it home with them, I have no use for electronic saws.
I worked on cleaning up the Husky 51. It was filthy but looks nice now. That will be for sale too. I don't have a bar for it. There was bar on it but is is not even close to being correct for the saw (small Stihl mount). If someone has a bar and chain that will fit a Husky 51 (.325 x 7t rim sprocket) please bring it so the saw can be tested. I don't have any bars in my stash that will fit this saw. I am going to sell the Stihl stump vise, some project saws and have a number of other saws for sale. I really need to lighten up my inventory as I don't have time to list them on CL due to extensive traveling I'll be doing between now and the end of the year. If anyone needs any chains, let me know ahead of time and I'll see if I have something in stock. I also have rolls of chain but probably won't have time to spin any loops. I have a very large mill vice for sale for $100. This thing probably weighs over 100 lbs. I already have one and don't need it. Probably could set it on your bench and wouldn't even need to bolt it down. Need a tractor? S-10 project? I'm getting hungry for BBQ...

Looking like I will be bailing hay all weekend. If some how I get some time off I will be sure and come by. Its only about 10 minutes from where I will be working.

Just went back and looked at the time of the event. I may be able to make it first thing or later in the afternoon depending on how the day goes.

Made signs and cut stakes to mount them on, (Poulan green signs, look for them, they just say GTG with an arrow.)
Fixed up the Stihl MS441 so should have that available to cut with. And someone can take it home with them, I have no use for electronic saws.
I worked on cleaning up the Husky 51. It was filthy but looks nice now. That will be for sale too. I don't have a bar for it. There was bar on it but is is not even close to being correct for the saw (small Stihl mount). If someone has a bar and chain that will fit a Husky 51 (.325 x 7t rim sprocket) please bring it so the saw can be tested. I don't have any bars in my stash that will fit this saw. I am going to sell the Stihl stump vise, some project saws and have a number of other saws for sale. I really need to lighten up my inventory as I don't have time to list them on CL due to extensive traveling I'll be doing between now and the end of the year. If anyone needs any chains, let me know ahead of time and I'll see if I have something in stock. I also have rolls of chain but probably won't have time to spin any loops. I have a very large mill vice for sale for $100. This thing probably weighs over 100 lbs. I already have one and don't need it. Probably could set it on your bench and wouldn't even need to bolt it down. Need a tractor? S-10 project? I'm getting hungry for BBQ...

Got any idea what you would want for the 441? Or if you have a desire to trade, let me know what you might be interested in.......I have a lot of saws....

I don't have a lot in the 441 so I can sell it for $400. I get $350 in this area for MS390's so can easily sell it for that. It has a new 20" bar and a new 7t rim on it. The chain is sharp but worn. I could come up with another one if that's an issue. The saw has dull plastics, has little cracks here and there in the plastics but no injuries that affect performance. For instance the brake handle is cracked but not in a way that prevents its operation. I pulled the exhaust and the piston looks clean, the compression on a cursory check was 160 and everything else seems in order (now). I haven't had it in wood but that will happen soon enough:)
The Husky 51 will sell pho for $100. I may have an MS250 on the block too. Not sure if I have time to get that cleaned up and checked out.

Looking like I will be bailing hay all weekend. If some how I get some time off I will be sure and come by. Its only about 10 minutes from where I will be working.

Just went back and looked at the time of the event. I may be able to make it first thing or later in the afternoon depending on how the day goes.

You bailing peanut or grass? A few peanuts are dug around this area, but most look like still are a few weeks away. Crushed peanut hay mixed with corn was the main winter food for the cows when my father still had 'em. I really miss bailing and hauling hay. Be safe and enjoy. Hope you can make some time on Saturday to run some saws.

Dan

Grass. We run beef cows. Not farming to speak of, hay and timber is the only "crops" we grow. I am trying to work it out where I can make it over at some point. The only real chance I have to run decent saws it to buy them and try them myself so getting to handle some saws without having to pay for them would be nice. Would be great to meet some new folks and put some faces with names too.

Saws we will be bringing.....

Homelite 650 Super, Super XL925
Mac Super 250
Stihl MS261, MS361, MS660
Husqvarna 562XP
Dolmar 120si

Love those Homelites :rock: . I'll try to load up a 750, maybe a 1050. If the boot's still good, there's an 8800 that's been idle for a while. There's a 410 that might still run, and there's a Poulan 365 that's needing some time put on it. Got enough pecans for 1 pie, and we got some fresh coconut for some of 'em kinda pies too (Grandmother's recipe of course). Can't wait to meet everyone :).

Dan

Grass. We run beef cows. Not farming to speak of, hay and timber is the only "crops" we grow. I am trying to work it out where I can make it over at some point. The only real chance I have to run decent saws it to buy them and try them myself so getting to handle some saws without having to pay for them would be nice. Would be great to meet some new folks and put some faces with names too.

My father raised his for beef too. He grazed 'em in the pasture while weather was warm enough for the grass to grow. Peanut hay both straight bales and crushed with corn were for cold weather. He'd sow rye, oats and wheat for 'em too. He loved his cows. Probably the most painful thing he ever did was let the last ones go. That's been about 3 or 4 years ago now.

Dan

Boston butts on the smoker! Should be ready to pull by mid morning. I would've liked to cook the evening before, but I have to work Friday night. I'll drag the cooker over early Saturday AM and heat everything up. Should be some good eatin'!
dd430f0cb9d04b4356faf4d4969844f7.jpg

Warpig6

Dang Randy, must have the van up and going already. As far as the bar for the 51, I'm bring my 51, so we can pull the bar to run it. If everything works out I should be leaving tomorrow after I check out my son from school. Even if it does't work out I still should be there tomorrow evening.

Shea

Latest posts

Back