Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
We've got most things squared away here. Pies goin' in the oven this afternoon. Does anybody like really really hot peppers? We can bring some bhut jelokias (ghost peppers) along if anyone would like.

Dan

wap13

wap13

ArboristSite Operative
I like hot food. I like food hotter than most people I know, but I dont think I am man enough for a ghost chili. Do you grow them for yourself? To sell? Or more of a novelty?

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
A co-worker brought some in last year, and I saved a few seed. Started 'em under a lamp this January. There's 8 pots, some with a couple plants in each. There's a couple fatali mixed in also. Amazing how big these things are. We've been drying them for later use. There's a dozen or so ripe at the moment, so thought others may enjoy. I also like hot foods, but these things don't play around. Gotta be careful how much you use. I found out the hard way a couple months ago adding some to soups :blob2:.

Dan

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
A co-worker brought some in last year, and I saved a few seed. Started 'em under a lamp this January. There's 8 pots, some with a couple plants in each. There's a couple fatali mixed in also. Amazing how big these things are. We've been drying them for later use. There's a dozen or so ripe at the moment, so thought others may enjoy. I also like hot foods, but these things don't play around. Gotta be careful how much you use. I found out the hard way a couple months ago adding some to soups :blob2:.

Dan

I grew a whole row of habaneros one year thinking I could sell them, plenty of bubbas and 'cans around here who all claim to like hot peppers, the hotter the better, etc. B and S, macho bragging.

I couldn't even give them things away! Had buckets of them. man, you had to wear gloves and handle them carefully to avoid getting even a tiny piece near your face... Wound up giving them to the chickens, they got more hot pepper tolerance I guess.

Me, I just like sweet peppers to just slightly hot/mild, nothing really hot. I can taste just one piece, not even a whole one, of those habaneros in a whole pot of chili. I still have some left I think, dried.

If you got any hotter than that, I am standing upwind from them, hahahahaha!

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
I grew a whole row of habaneros one year thinking I could sell them, plenty of bubbas and 'cans around here who all claim to like hot peppers, the hotter the better, etc. B and S, macho bragging.

I couldn't even give them things away! Had buckets of them. man, you had to wear gloves and handle them carefully to avoid getting even a tiny piece near your face... Wound up giving them to the chickens, they got more hot pepper tolerance I guess.

Me, I just like sweet peppers to just slightly hot/mild, nothing really hot. I can taste just one piece, not even a whole one, of those habaneros in a whole pot of chili. I still have some left I think, dried.

If you got any hotter than that, I am standing upwind from them, hahahahaha!

Yes, touching your face, especially near eyes isn't pleasant. There's other places though that are even more unpleasant, as I'm sure most people who've handled hot peppers know well!!!!

Dan

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
For anyone arriving Friday evening, feel free to come to our place for some supper. It'll either be chili or pancakes and sausage. (your choice) Just give me a heads up 770-584-9020. We're just a mile from the GTG site.

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
I loaded up the big milling vise I mentioned earlier in the thread. It weighs in at 175 lbs! (per my game scale)
Price these things out and you'll discover my $100 price is cheap. I don't know that it would be suitable as is to sharpen chains due to the design of the jaws. But if ya got anything else that needs to be held, this will do it.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Well, I'm packed except for what is going in the cooler with ice. I'll do that tomorrow morning at whatever o dark 30 when I leave, no idea, whenever I drag myself up. Bringing four saws, 346 and 394 ported, the 346 runs well, I can't yank the 394, one of you mooseskis will have to start it and we'll throw a screwdriver at the carb (my elbow is blown out nasty, no maul or axe swinging either), it may or may not run out well, I had to fool with the throttle cable housing before, not sure if I got it right yet, a poulan 505 which is spiffy, and the oregon battery saw for guys to try. It's maybe got one more sharpening left on it, but three charged batts and the charger.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
don't remember if i said this or not.(old age) PICS PICS PICS.and maybe one of you guys with a smart phone can get them on here asap. have a great time .i know you will. saw safe.

I'll take some, but won't be until sunday night when I get home and upload them to my computer, then to the thread. Sorta clunky, but that's how it works for me, heck, don't even know if my cellphone will get a connection out there or not. I've been a few places around here where..no signal.

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Mastermind and his minions showed up with a boatload of saws. I brought about ten to the hangar so it's starting to fill up with little engines. Moved three planes out of the hangar so there's plenty of milling around room in there. Looks like the swap meet aspect is going to be significant. I'd like to part with about ten saws...
Morewood and his son showed up and we feasted on pancakes and sausage along with cinnamon apple sauce. Seems like appropriate supper food.
Groundie is going to be taking pics and videos tomorrow so we'll gradually get that stuff posted as time allows.

Latest posts