Do you use old time logger stories to pull your newbies leg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsley

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
One of the things we typically do out in the woods is get the new guy with a couple tall tales.

Usually, but not limited to,

The story of the year we were out cutting in the woods, and the snow was so deep that when we came back in the spring there were 6 foot trunks standing where we had been cutting. Followed by "this didn't bother us, because we are just cutting firewood and the 6' lengths were easy to handle".

Usually we lose him on this story,

"It is dangerous out in the woods you know. On the coldest day last winter, Elmer and I were cutting. Elmer sat down to drink another cup of coffee to keep warm. I didn't know it, but the log Elmer was sitting on was tittering on a large trunk buried in the snow. So I was cutting away and felled a large oak on the opposite end of the very same tree Elmer was sitting on. Well Elmer, SHOT right up in the air and got stuck about 20' up in an elm. He was stuck and stuck good. We didn't have any rope or a ladder to get him out. Elmer had to pee himself a slide, which froze immediately because it was SO cold, and slid himself out of the tree. Thank god Elmer liked to drink so much coffee."

At which point the newbie now knows why my eyes are brown.

If you have any stories of how you "rib" the newbie, please share.

Marty

Back