Dodge dump truck Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could never do this in Collyfornia. The truck would not pass the smog test. Darn shame we have to sell all these great old trucks out of state or to Mexico where the Mexicans drive them back into the USA "on business". You should see the broken down old tour buses the Mexican companies run up here. Thanks NAFTA.

Just curious as to why it wouldn't pass a smog test??

This is basically a 95 with and 85 body. It has all the EPA/emissions of a 95 like the cat, o2 sensors, evap, etc. It is deffinatally a lot more smog friendly than if I were to rebuild the old motor and make the truck as it were back when it was sold in 1985. Why would california have a problem taking an old vehichle and putting in a 10yr newer, more fuel efficcient, more smog friendly motor???

Just curious as to why it wouldn't pass a smog test??

This is basically a 95 with and 85 body. It has all the EPA/emissions of a 95 like the cat, o2 sensors, evap, etc. It is deffinatally a lot more smog friendly than if I were to rebuild the old motor and make the truck as it were back when it was sold in 1985. Why would california have a problem taking an old vehichle and putting in a 10yr newer, more fuel efficcient, more smog friendly motor???

cause cali is ..... :censored:

cause cali is ..... :censored:

Pretty sure it would pass. I know it use to be that you could do engine swaps as long as the engine going in was newer and retained all ORIGINAL emissions equipment (from the original old engine, not the new one). Also, the new engine installed must produce the same or less emissions than what the vehicle was required to meet with the stock engine.

I can't see that putting in a newer/cleaning running engine with more emissions systems in place than before would bother anyone. Kind of a moot point anyway since he doesn't live in Cali.

Fabrication work.
attachment.php

notice the reinforcement of the bed. It was just a flat bed with 3" channel and I added 3" to make it a total of 6" thick, which is what most smaller dump bed frames are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rear Pivot

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awsome build .
I have been wanting to build a dump trailer for years.
Might actually get off my ass and do it now.

I do not have much in advanced math,but I have built several race car chassis,and a few hauling trailers ,just never built one to dump,,,,,,,yet .

I have worked on and re-arranged a few though.

I like it LD1 thanks for posting this!

On the bed pivot have you thought of drilling a small channel in the pin centre and adding a grease fitting to the end kind of like on greasable shackles?

Latest posts

Back