Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

You can rebarrel it after it gets shot out. Some guns like my FAL have a forged Imbel reciever and externaly headspaced are rated for 80,000 rounds. That's alot of burned out barrels.

The 30-378 is another throw away gun, I think for hunting I'd rather have a 7mm mag.

Me too! :agree2:

I hunt with a 7mm SAUM.
But these days I've taken a liking to my 45-70 lever gun. Ballistics make it like a repeating 50cal muzzle loader. No need for a scope on it. The open sights that came with mine are awesome. Marble makes the sights.

30-378 eh? Yup, thats a barrel scorcher! I have seen a .338-378 also. I have shot it, a 416 rigby, a 375h&h, and a few other big ones...and that 338-378 is the hardest kicking SOB I've ever put to my shoulder. it would break your arm in pieces if you shot it prone I suppose. It makes you feel funny like you just got punched by Tyson! I only did it once! It has more of a hard snap instead of a push, unlike the others I mentioned.

My dad has a double barrel 10 gauge and I've seen him and his friends pop off both barrels at the same time when I was young. My uncle did it once drunk and it busted his face all over the barrel. It was nasty.

do you reload? around here that ammo is impossible to find. Out of all the short mags the only ones taking off here are 270 and 300wsm

Yea, and you're right. If I did'nt reload the only thing I could shoot is the remington factory ammo. Core-lokt bullets are pretty good, but I shoot 140gr Barnes triple-shocks in mine for WT deer. Talk about a good bullet! Pricey though.
The most accurate bullet I have shot in it is a nosler BT. Every rifle shoots a different "pet load" though.:)

I see more ammo for the WSM cartridges than I do for the SAUM cartridges.

I have been thinking about buying a 700 action and having a Shilen barrel cut for a 6.5 WSM wildcat. :)

The WSMs took off pretty good while the SAUMs fell out it seems. The WSM can hold a touch more powder and has a little sharper of a shoulder. Better case IMO. But my SAUM is a tack driver. It shoots inside 1/2 minute if I do my part.:)

I own a company that makes O Scale ceilingtrains. I fab and weld them up from sq tubing. There seems to be lots of people with grampas old Lionel train. I also have a machine shop as well as my weld shop...Bob

Here are a few more pics of another bridge i hung a few days ago above the one i hung last year. The customer wants 3 of them stacked up. The 3rd one will be just a little below these 2. The first pic is the new bridge resting on "timbers" until i get the hangers up. The 2nd pic the hangers are up just waiting for track and a train...Bob

Brad

STRANGE that you should bring it up now!????? Did a certain PM remind you? LOL

Now you have something to reduce the diameter of tires!

I just built and installed about a 500 HP 6.0L in my truck. The thing makes crazy power. It breaks both rear 33x12.50s loose at 25 MPH and spins until it shifts into second!

1006847602_LCLjG-M.jpg

1010858892_cwvyA-M.jpg

My wife thought this was hillarious, calling me Fred Flintstone, lol.

1013093678_75YUB-M.jpg

1013093097_V8ePw-M.jpg

typical of Connecticut.

223 won't burn a barrel near as fast as a 22-250 or 220 swift.

I want the Colt accurized AR. Like this one:
pix290062234.jpg

They can build them here but we can't own them.other brand's we can.we have a state assault weapons ban here.the federal one was so unsuccessful we kept our state version.

Last edited:
Boxing (only recreationally now)
Shooting
Weight lifting
However lately saw building and collecting has been the dominant hobby.

I enjoy cutting and splitting firewood for some reason. I think it evokes some of my better memories as a kid. I also like it because it is strenuous excercise.
I also enjoy working out too, crossfit is my latest favorite method.
I also really enjoy snowmobiling, ATVs and seeing ghost towns. Though I think I may be selling the snowmobiles for the lack of time and money to use them.
I used to buy, sell and shoot guns quite a bit but not as much now with young kids.
Oh, I also enjoy just spending time with my family doing just about anything except shopping.

Back