Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a shop, i fix bikes and 4wheelers, and of course saws! IVe got more projects than a 22 year old man needs, I got 7 bikes i work on, im going to get back at the harley this winter, EVERYTHING is new, plus im powdercoating a bunch of stuff on it. I also hunt alot, alot of deer, and as my name implies Im a proud owner of an 85 pound, year and a half old bluetick BABY! thinks hes a lap dog, but man is he fun to let work. Fur price here sucks, maybe 8 bucks this year for a good coon, but its more about running my hound, just good fun. I also do some woodworking (have a very craftsy girlfriend that likes to repurpose old stuff). but with my shop i dont have alot of free time, fall of course is the busiest time of year for everyone. Oh, and did i mention BEER? Budweiser. Mmmm. and copenhagen.

We had walkers growing up. Coon hunting was real fun except when the dogs get killed. Almost all of them got hit by cars. I had a redbone for a few years too. Coon dogs are awesome. No fear.

Brian

We had walkers growing up. Coon hunting was real fun except when the dogs get killed. Almost all of them got hit by cars. I had a redbone for a few years too. Coon dogs are awesome. No fear.

Brian
Oh walkers... I have seen good walkers, and I know they are the winningest breed, but every one I've ever hunted with wasn't worth the .22 bullet it would take to off them. But hell yeah coon hunting is fun. Love my dog he is the most loyal and well trained dog I've ever had. He is getting antsy though, weather is changing and he is ready to run. Been on the chain for 2 months. Last time he ran the gf let him go. In July. At 2 in the afternoon. And he treed.

Fishing, largemouth bass fishing is king around here, but I really enjoy fly fishing for brim.

Joe

Our walkers came from an older guy that had great bloodlines. My dad's friend had a little black & tan named shorty. She was awesome.

Brian

Our walkers came from an older guy that had great bloodlines. My dad's friend had a little black & tan named shorty. She was awesome.

Brian
A buddy from west Virginia said this about coon hounds, if you want a drag race, hunt a walker. If you want a brawl, hunt a plott. If you want a moi tai style dog like Anderson Silva, hunt a bluetick. And I agree.

I have always wanted a bluetick. Someday. He was right about walkers if they decide to go ahead you might as well come back in the morning. Many nights we had to lay down jackets and come back in the morning. There they would be laying on them like "why didn't you keep up? "

Brian

I have always wanted a bluetick. Someday. He was right about walkers if they decide to go ahead you might as well come back in the morning. Many nights we had to lay down jackets and come back in the morning. There they would be laying on them like "why didn't you keep up? "

Brian
Beware the blutick. Almost too loyal from what I've seen, kind of a one dog one master kinda dog. And personality. My dog is half "special" if you smell what I'm stepping in. But I love him. Couldn't buy him from me for nothing. I say get one. I will always have a tickhound. Even if my coon hunting days are done.

Brian
Beware the blutick. Almost too loyal from what I've seen, kind of a one dog one master kinda dog. And personality. My dog is half "special" if you smell what I'm stepping in. But I love him. Couldn't buy him from me for nothing. I say get one. I will always have a tickhound. Even if my coon hunting days are done.

Brian

Brian

Best dog I have ever had is this one.

c1472c13a38090cf5da66130cce50dd5.jpg

He is 14 now but in his day he was the best pointer I ever was around. A real treat to hunt with!

Brian

Best dog I have ever had is this one.

c1472c13a38090cf5da66130cce50dd5.jpg

He is 14 now but in his day he was the best pointer I ever was around. A real treat to hunt with!

Brian

I would love to be able to go bird hunting again, but sadly in my part of the country our pheasant population is very small. I did work at a cycle shop in western iowa where there was more pheasants than flies, and got to hunt with my bosses red pointing lab, one hell of a dog and built like a **** brickhouse. but now that im back home the birds are scarce. we have however found that the partridge are making a huge comeback, might have to dust off the old 20 gauge side by side and scare some up, fix up a partridge pot pie.

Yeah pheasant hunting with him was a blast. He will point grouse too, I need to bring him out this fall might be his last hoorah...

Brian

Latest posts

Back