Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw out a few of those last fall in the "great shop cleanup" (got rid of about 45 tons of mowers, yard tractors and other junk)

Not sure on the model but had the vertical pull cord. Motors were junk.

It was labelled Mastercraft, but I'm quite sure it was a Tecumseh... Made good power with the governor disabled! What finally killed it was the ignition died.. well.. I chopped the whole front of the deck off it too which made it work awesome in tall grass and rosebushes too

I threw out a few of those last fall in the "great shop cleanup" (got rid of about 45 tons of mowers, yard tractors and other junk)

Not sure on the model but had the vertical pull cord. Motors were junk.
rebuild kits for the engines are only 45$ through my parts book. these mowers repaired and cleaned up bring anywhere from 250-1500 on ebay.

Hobbies....

Old Honda 3-wheelers.. Have 8 of them running at the moment and one partial basket case... My pride and joy (as far as toys go) is pictured in my avatar... '85 ATC250r, ESR 350 Big Bore kit, 108oct dome, ESR exhaust and reedblock, ported for mid/top, 41.2mm PWK carb, +6 rear width between axle and rim offset... Flat out awesome fun!!

Other hobbies: Winchester rifles, only 2 at the moment but I like em.. Bought new last November, m70 Supergrade in 338 Win Mag, and bought a never fired m94 XTR Big Bore in 375 Winchester in January of this year..

Another: Smith and Wesson revolvers.. Have several ranging from a little j-frame snub 38, to a 460 S&W Mag with a 5" bbl and a few other mags in between in K and N frame sizes... :)

Reloading.. LOVE reloading my own! It's a wonderful pass-time, saves money once tooled up, and nothing beats the satisfaction of taking your deer with a home made round for the first time.. Did that last year.. :)

Reloading .45ACP and .223/5.56
shooting said weapons
Knife making/customizing
Wheel horse tractor and attachments collecting
metal detecting
tube audio
Bass fishing with my Son on a 99 Champion 181 bassboat
messing with my 68 4 spd Roadrunner
LP collecting (70-mid 80's rock)

and my most favorite hobby!
Drinking IPA beers

OH, forgot about my old truck... It's as old as me, ('78) is a Chevy K-10. A little lift, 35's, 350 with the usual bolt-on type stuff. I enjoy tinkering on that and improving it little by little. Working on a BBC upgrade for it in the future! Got a line on a 454 with a B&M that needs pistons and probably different heads... Gonna cost me more to get those parts than I will be spending on the mill and blower :O

Not sure this counts but I was mowing a few miles of our hunting trails that are also used to get my wood supply in for winter. Found this, can't believe squirrels didn't get it.

c9f984bfef57e29982c1fcde56a9c013.jpg

3/8 drive for size reference
Brian

Oh yeah. RC airplanes and helis. Building anything I can gas powered drift trikes skate boards hovercraft and blowing up small engine's

Hobbies....

Old Honda 3-wheelers.. Have 8 of them running at the moment and one partial basket case... My pride and joy (as far as toys go) is pictured in my avatar... '85 ATC250r, ESR 350 Big Bore kit, 108oct dome, ESR exhaust and reedblock, ported for mid/top, 41.2mm PWK carb, +6 rear width between axle and rim offset... Flat out awesome fun!!

Other hobbies: Winchester rifles, only 2 at the moment but I like em.. Bought new last November, m70 Supergrade in 338 Win Mag, and bought a never fired m94 XTR Big Bore in 375 Winchester in January of this year..

Another: Smith and Wesson revolvers.. Have several ranging from a little j-frame snub 38, to a 460 S&W Mag with a 5" bbl and a few other mags in between in K and N frame sizes... :)

Reloading.. LOVE reloading my own! It's a wonderful pass-time, saves money once tooled up, and nothing beats the satisfaction of taking your deer with a home made round for the first time.. Did that last year.. :)
Nice wheeler. You don't see those old 2 stroke machine's ofter

Love my coffee so I roast my own and it's a HELL of a lot cheaper than buying.
Raw beans in Australia are <$15kg vs roasted @ >$40-$60+
Most of the gear you may already have in the shed
Bread machine/cast iron pot
Heat gun
Fan to cool afterwards
Can also use a popcorn machine in small batches :)

Cool beans. I'm working on a 76 Suzuki gt750 full rebuild on the engine it has sat in a chicken coop for over 20yrs the jugs don't want to come off the block. Lots of internal rust and oxidation is not fun to deal with
Yep, 1973 Honda CR250M Elsinore..... All of the NOS parts I've found have came form the US or UK......I haven't eaten in a while!:(

Love my coffee so I roast my own and it's a HELL of a lot cheaper than buying.
Raw beans in Australia are <$15kg vs roasted @ >$40-$60+
Most of the gear you may already have in the shed
Bread machine/cast iron pot
Heat gun
Fan to cool afterwards
Can also use a popcorn machine in small batches :)

You need to get yourself one of these! ;)

cat-poop-coffee.jpg

Latest posts

Back