Does anyone have the new echo cs501p?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expert of nothing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just want to find out some performance comparisions between the 501P, Husky 550XP and Stihl 261 CM. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Just want to find out some performance comparisions between the 501P, Husky 550XP and Stihl 261 CM. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
I know someone who bought the 501 and I used it for a 1/2 hr light 10.3 lbs I think wow very very nice I just bought a dolmar 5105 pro 51 cc saw 20 in bar 3/8 chain and LOVE IT GREAT TORQUE and $100 cheaper here in b c Canada to, but we have a good dealer which really helps, there makitas now the 261 is a great saw probably the best of the bunch in 50cc group but I know the 5105 has more jam, the 261 is pricey, but has 4.hp and is 10.8 lbs and it rocks, 1 think I like about the echo is its so light, and has good power, and has a 5 year warranty, unheard of up here and lots of firewood cutters have bought it because of the 5 year warranty, I ran a 60cc saw for a little while but I didn't need that extra power for firewood, t weighed 13.5 lbs to not good when your cutting 25 cords a year, especially when the new 50cc professional saw are 4 hp or close {my dolmar 5105 has 3.9} my vote is the sthil 261 its a little workhorse, lots of dealers GOOD LUCK

the sthil 261 has 4 hp beats other but the echo is the lightest the 261 is by far the best of the 3 in my opinion but price can be a factor I tried the husky 550 didn't come near the 261 I thought, the echo has a 5 year warranty to I heard that's rare for a pro saw

the sthil 261 has 4 hp beats other but the echo is the lightest the 261 is by far the best of the 3 in my opinion but price can be a factor I tried the husky 550 didn't come near the 261 I thought, the echo has a 5 year warranty to I heard that's rare for a pro saw
A line up of the 3 by someone unbiased would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alright. Figured I’d give impression after using the new saw for a while. Got 12 tanks of fuel thru it. Gotta say, it feels great and light hooked on the harness when cutting in trees. Power is definitely evident. I’ve been using Oregon 20lpx78 on it with Oregon prolite bar. Can’t really complain about. It’s a work horse. Wish it had more power, thinking of a muff mod. In comparison it’s very slightly slower than the other two big guys out there but then your not spending a arm, leg, and a lung for a saw. But then again dealer support is a huge factor in choosing a saw, not brand. Hope you all like the post

Alright. Figured I’d give impression after using the new saw for a while. Got 12 tanks of fuel thru it. Gotta say, it feels great and light hooked on the harness when cutting in trees. Power is definitely evident. I’ve been using Oregon 20lpx78 on it with Oregon prolite bar. Can’t really complain about. It’s a work horse. Wish it had more power, thinking of a muff mod. In comparison it’s very slightly slower than the other two big guys out there but then your not spending a arm, leg, and a lung for a saw. But then again dealer support is a huge factor in choosing a saw, not brand. Hope you all like the post
On my 490 the muffler mod and converting to 3/8lp chain maid a big difference. Also means one file works for the 355t and 490.

Member homelite410 did the rim for me. My FIL has been a machinist for 35 years I might have him do an 8 pin rim to see how it compares to the 7 pin that's on it now.

Member homelite410 did the rim for me. My FIL has been a machinist for 35 years I might have him do an 8 pin rim to see how it compares to the 7 pin that's on it now.
How much for 2 if those rims. If he’d be interested in doing that. My fav store shut down and don’t have any more machining support near me in Bloomington, mn. Damn city folk lol

I think it was $12 shipped. Send him a PM he will get back to you pretty quick. I'm gonna order the 8 pin rim Friday from my dealer. I don't think the 490 will have a problem pulling it. With the 3/8lp set up the saws under 14 pounds ready to cut and makes a great limbing saw.

How much for 2 if those rims. If he’d be interested in doing that. My fav store shut down and don’t have any more machining support near me in Bloomington, mn. Damn city folk lol
If you do find an Echo dealer in Minnesota that’s worth visiting please let me know. I only know of one in northern Wisconsin. Otherwise just big box stores which of course offer no support.

I’m sure the 3/8lp Is nice & all on a short bar, but I tried a Cannon 20” 3/8lp on a MS261 & went back to .325” for that size saw.

I’ll stick with 81dl of .325” for this application.

I'd agree with that if I was running a 20" bar. I ordered my 490 with a 16" bar. Trying 3/8 LP was just something I did cause I was bored. I plan on running the 325 bar again to see how they compare back to back.

If you do find an Echo dealer in Minnesota that’s worth visiting please let me know. I only know of one in northern Wisconsin. Otherwise just big box stores which of course offer no support.
Yeah. Eden prairie lawn and garden. Preferred echo dealer. Minneapolis Saw is a big gold star stihl and husqvarna dealer

I’m trying to get more speed in the cut up in trees when I’m cutting down chunks when my cs-303t can’t do it. Here’s the address and hours for the Echo Dealer

15916 W 78th St
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
––––––––––––––––

_
Shops hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m
Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m
Sunday CLOSED

Back