Does anyone use Bailey's?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just got a Bailey's catalog in the mail and was looking at it. They have some great prices on chain (I'm planning on going bulk - 100 ft rolls again).
Specifically, I am looking at an Oregon brand called "Inject-A-Sharp Carbide. They claim it will hold an edge longer in poor cutting conditions (I'm cutting some stuff that has been rolled around). I got so used to using chisel chain I don't want to go back to chipper, but that is what everyone recommends for dirty wood. Anyone have any experience with either?

Actually I just used a loop of that stuff today on my 970. It dulled just as fast as my chisel chain. Once it touches dirt you're done.

Bailey's is great place to buy from, they are a top notch sponsor here. The inject a chain isnt much more than a regular loop, but i didnt see any improvement today

Husky

Thanks, That's just exactly what I thought. Guess I'll stick with the same plan. Buy chisel chain and take 4 or 5 of them with me. Did you happen to buy this stuff at Bailey's?

Buy from Baileys or else you will pay too much for most of your chains and bars there service is top notch and there prices can't be beat.

Jonsered, chain

My jonsread chain is like a carbide, Iam amased as It just keeps cutting,.Ive not ever ground or sharpened it, Who makes there chains, very impressive,.

What is recommended for dirty wood is semi-chisel chain. For Oregon it is DP, for Stihl RM and Bailey's house brand Woodsman Pro I'm not sure on. The Woodsman Pro is made by Carlton.

I would recommend checking Amick's (site-sponser) but I think he only carries the LGX.

Matt

I've bought chains and safety chaps from them. Great service and very helpful.

Last time i purchased from Baileys it was for my 371xp. new clutch, springs filter, some of the plastic wear gaurds. 24" woodsman bar/chain. They sent me a big ole Harvestor bar by accident and somehow included a chain catcher for a 394. Called them up and had it shipped back and low and behold i got the bar that i ordered. Very good service and great customer support

I bought a bar and some chains from them. Bar was half price and the chains were a third the price you'd pay in the UK.

Just wish they were a bit nearer :hmm3grin2orange:

Baileys great

I've done business with them both at work and at home.

Fast response.

On some larger orders of parts and aftermarket parts I've been back-ordered about 1 out of 15-20 items.

Not bad at all.

Very good for advice also.

You're going to be sucked into them by prices but their service and knowledge will keep you.

Last edited:
I recently ordered a Peltor helmet. The left ear muff wouldn't stay tensioned when I put the helmet on. I called and they sent me a new helmet and the shipping tag to send the old one back. I had the new helmet in a couple of days. He said that he would rather send a new one than replace the ear muffs.

i did a couple thousand $ worth of business with them last year and will prolly do the same this year...i can't complain with them at all

The thing I like best about Bailey's is the fact that they'll take the time to make things right if theres a problem. There seldom is a problem.
They're good about answering questions and treat even little orders like they're the most important one of the day.
There might be better prices around but their service is what keeps me going back.

Bailey's

Thanks to everyone who replied. I thought the guy in Tennessee (Scott the manager) was really helpful answering questions. I am going to buy a couple of rolls of chain from him and chain parts. I don't think I'd buy my saw from them though. Their prices on Husqvarna saws were great (I could have bought my 395xpg about $150 less from them) but I like being able to take it back to my dealer for service and in case the thing falls apart. Anyway, they sounded like good people to me!:greenchainsaw:

Inject-a-Sharp experiences

Baileys is "Bar One". :clap:

Good, I'll have a Bailey's Irish Cream, please. :cheers:

I'm looking for experience with Inject-a-Sharp, AKA WoodlandPro 30SC made by Carleton, sold by Bailey's, and similar hardened (tungsten carbide coated) chains. Other terms that might ring a bell are Drill-Tux, Carlton Ripper, Laserbrand Injected Carbide, Borazon.

I'm cutting very hard, seasoned, 16" Salt Cedar generously delivered by the creek with invisible sand ground into the surface. Nothing is really free, even after you haul it out of your own creek and stack it in the woodpile :bang:

This stuff dulls chains REAL fast :chainsaw: I must invest in a chain that will stand up to the sand for several times the duration an ordinary steel chain will (but not carbide tipped), plus modify my saw from .325 pitch to 3/8, the only size it comes in. Uncertainty regarding performance prevents me from risking the mod.

It's been slim pickin's here, and mostly old posts. Either everyone has given up on such chain, or it is not well known.

I'd be really glad to hear from someone who has useful experience with any of these chain types. There are a couple of current threads that address the general topic, but no more than a mention of these chain types.

An Irish Cream for anyone who responds! :cheers:

Charlie

I have bought three saws from them ,many chains, oil and many parts for my old saws and have never had any thing but great price and service from them.
P.S. They have free shipping currently for orders over $200.00.

Back