Does anyone use Bailey's?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We buy 90% of our chain from them. Service has been excellent. We have had no issues with the Woodland Pro chain for firewood cutting. Also take a look at the price on woodland pro 2 cycle mix oil. It will save you a ton of money in the long run.

I'm just a backyard firewood cutter. Every running saw I own which is actually five, has multiple woodland pro chains from baileys. A great source of extra air filters and sprockets also.:clap::clap::clap:

Based on these recommendations, I'm going to start buying there.

I'll start with a couple of loops of Inject-a-Sharp and a bar to match.

Charlie

There prices on chains are good but shipping makes it as much or more then buying local,for me any way.:jawdrop:They do have great stuff!!

Another hearty recommendation for Bailey's here. I bought my 372 from them back when they could sell them online. I buy all my chain and parts from them also. Only thing I don't buy there is bar oil and 2 stroke oil. I have enough 2 stroke oil to last me 10 years and the shipping on bar oil negates their good price. Not their fault though, bar oil is heavy.

Ian

Bailley's is good folks to deal with. Great price on chain and most stuff, but my local Husky dealer is cheaper on parts.

As far as your chain for dirty wood, get simi-chisel. Stays sharper much longer that chisel.

Good, I'll have a Bailey's Irish Cream, please. :cheers:

I'm looking for experience with Inject-a-Sharp, AKA WoodlandPro 30SC made by Carleton, sold by Bailey's, and similar hardened (tungsten carbide coated) chains. Other terms that might ring a bell are Drill-Tux, Carlton Ripper, Laserbrand Injected Carbide, Borazon.

I'm cutting very hard, seasoned, 16" Salt Cedar generously delivered by the creek with invisible sand ground into the surface. Nothing is really free, even after you haul it out of your own creek and stack it in the woodpile :bang:

This stuff dulls chains REAL fast :chainsaw: I must invest in a chain that will stand up to the sand for several times the duration an ordinary steel chain will (but not carbide tipped), plus modify my saw from .325 pitch to 3/8, the only size it comes in. Uncertainty regarding performance prevents me from risking the mod.

It's been slim pickin's here, and mostly old posts. Either everyone has given up on such chain, or it is not well known.

I'd be really glad to hear from someone who has useful experience with any of these chain types. There are a couple of current threads that address the general topic, but no more than a mention of these chain types.

An Irish Cream for anyone who responds! :cheers:

Charlie

I recently purchased a Loop of Injecta Sharp Chain. I think it is a great purchase for the price. That said, you have to have realistic expectations. In my experience, it stays sharp 2 to 3 times longer than similar steel chain. It will dull, just like any chain. Of course, every tree is different, so your results may vary!

Last edited:
Back