Does this looked like a scored P&C to you??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
4D926D5A-AD21-448F-B234-8032EA7F96CA.jpeg CFD0F78A-460F-416F-AB5A-F281BE8AE483.jpeg CDE7CD3E-FE03-46A6-AC62-D60790570B19.jpeg 2CD2E6FE-7C7F-40AB-9D6F-0D39D0C2130B.jpeg 3C87C2E5-8DA1-417C-A149-B41EE6710FBF.jpeg i just rebuilt my carb replaced my fuel and Impulse lines. When I tried to fire up the saw first pull felt ok. The 2nd lacking compression and same on the 3rd. Checked compression and it’s ZERO! (I checked the gauge on another saw just to verify it wasn’t the gauge. Pulled muffler, piston looked fine. Tried to fire it again, bad compression and it won’t start. So I pulled off the cylinder (figured I could use a base delete anyhow) and here are photos of what I found. Thoughts and opinions? For what it’s worth it’s an 026.

View attachment 662652 View attachment 662654 View attachment 662656 View attachment 662657 View attachment 662658 i just rebuilt my carb replaced my fuel and Impulse lines. When I tried to fire up the saw first pull felt ok. The 2nd lacking compression and same on the 3rd. Checked compression and it’s ZERO! (I checked the gauge on another saw just to verify it wasn’t the gauge. Pulled muffler, piston looked fine. Tried to fire it again, bad compression and it won’t start. So I pulled off the cylinder (figured I could use a base delete anyhow) and here are photos of what I found. Thoughts and opinions? For what it’s worth it’s an 026.
Was it a runner before you worked on it?

What prompted you to replace the rubber parts and re-build the carb? The piston and cylinder do not look scored to me. The piston has some wear. Maybe the ring end gap is too large.

If it ran before I would suspect the carb. If not i would start with new rings and maybe a piston.

What prompted you to replace the rubber parts and re-build the carb? The piston and cylinder do not look scored to me. The piston has some wear. Maybe the ring end gap is too large.

If it ran before I would suspect the carb. If not i would start with new rings and maybe a piston.
It was idling bad, I found a crack in the impulse line. The saw is semi new to me. I didn’t know the history too well so I figured I’d rebuild the carb and replace the rubber parts.
Would a carb really cause a saw not to have compression?

I am definitely going to replace the Piston and rings while apart.

It was idling bad, I found a crack in the impulse line. The saw is semi new to me. I didn’t know the history too well so I figured I’d rebuild the carb and replace the rubber parts.
Would a carb really cause a saw not to have compression?

I am definitely going to replace the Piston and rings while apart.
Short answer. No.

Just realized the older 026’s had a different fuel line compared to later versions. It went on fine, but definitely think I got the later version. Could that be root cause?

Latest posts

Back