Dolmar 111i - Cylinder source?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswensen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got a Dolmar 111i off of Craig's list for $30 today. Nice saw, great shape, but was advertised as a "non-starter". Got 'er home and yep, 90 PSI. Muffler off and ...scored cylinder. I can get the piston and ring, but the cylinder must be made of "unobtainum" $200 for a cylinder????

I'm going to see what I can do with this cylinder (acid and 400 grit sandpaper) but I am not optimistic. Anyone got a source for a new or good used cylinder?

I used a cylinder from a Brison 6.4 twin model airplane engine and then some 9 months later, a nice used 115i closed port cylinder/piston come up on Ebay and I put it on the model airplane engine and sold it.

The cylinder on my 111i/115i works nice and I am well pleased.

The Meteor window piston for these is a pop up which is nice but it free ports about .010". The circlips that come with this Meteor are plain end.

The Dolmar runs good. I changed it to 3/8" X .050" X 7 pin X 60 DL X 16" Power Match Stihl RSC. It was .325" X .058" X 15" originally.

Yes Sir,

hard to find parts for them old ones, but you can say that about ALL the manufacturers.

Really since Makita bought them out the parts are much easier to find than when they were 'Sachs Dolmar'.

You should be able to clean that cylinder up and install a new Meteor ( most will clean up good enough for a runner)

If the rest of the saw is nice, 200 for a new P&C will get you a fine running saw for $230.

Ever try to find a new P&C for 2100 Husky?

Thanks guys - and to dano for an offer. I worked on the cylinder some today, got it pretty well cleaned up. Think I'm going to try the new piston in it and see what happens. There are two marks still on the cylinder walls - one from what LOOKS like a casting flaw, but it's in the plating, so I don't know.

Well, just to close this loop - I got her to run tonight. Polished out what I could in the cylinder. All of the aluminum transfer is gone, and only two scratches remain. I could barely feel the scratches with my fingernail. I took a gamble. Rebuilt the carb with a new kit, and put in a new piston and ring. Put her back together, and she blew 140 PSI with the assembly oil still in her. Worked a bit to get her to cough, and WHAM! Off she went.

Thanks to the guys that offered me parts - this place is amazing.

Latest posts

Back