Dolmar 120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
I just picked one up off ebay. I won't have it in my hands for a couple of days and was wondering if anybody has a little info. Mike Acres site says that it is a 3.7 CID saw, I read somewhere else that it is a 4.1 CID. Which is correct? (Maybe both? 120 vs 120S?)
Any comments about this saw?

Finally, does anybody have a half wrap handle for it? It has a full wrap on it which probably won't fit In the tool box on 1 truck-it'll be fine on the other but I like to be able to swap stuff around.:cool:

If the saw is the 120 si it is 4.1 cu in. These were the newer version , the regular 120 was 3.7 cu in. I have a Sachs-Dolmar 120 si and it is really a powerhouse for an older saw.

Thanks Larry. I'll have to check when it arrives. Either way it will be a useful saw-but I hope it is the si.

The saw arrived this evening. It is the 120si :D Really a nice saw. the primer lever in lieu of a choke is different but seems to work well. Does anyone know what the working rpm of this saw is? I adjusted it by ear and with the Hi speed needle backed off till it burbles just slightly running wide open its sounds like a real screamer. Really held up well in the cut too. It came with a 24"D009 bar -that works okay and oils fine but it is a little sloppy on the bar studs. Does anyone make spacers or do I neeed to buy the "right" bar?

120si

Hey STUMPER.. Good find, as a dolmar dealer since 79' I've ran them all the 120si was a dependable saw sold lot's. the proper bar mount is oregen k095, or windsor CJL. i sold most with 18" or 20" bars a lot to firewood producers. good luck with it. if you need a flush handle I should have it in stock the part # is 030 310 011 sells for $42.00 u.s.

LATER, SCOTT

Cutinscott, Pardon me for not replying to your post sooner. I think that I'll try the full wrap for a while before thinking about switching - It won't fit in one truck's toolbox but that isn't a very big deal. I noticed how the oiler slot was designed with the little 'zig' in it and wondered if that was done in anticipation of bar swapping outside of the 095 series bars? I have a 20" K095 to put on it and compare-the D009 oils fine but has room for lots of up and down play-shimming the studs to bump the 8.2mm up to 9mm to match the slot should also work-Right? I'm running an 8 pin rim on it so the wider tail of the 009 bar shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep you in mind for parts-there isn't a local Dolmar dealer. Thanks!:)

Stumper,
The 120Si was designed with a Universal Bar Pad that comes standard with the K095 mounting, but with a change of the studs and bar plate you could convert it to the D009 mount or even the d025 mount. That is the reason for the V-groove in the oil channel, gives it a wide variety of bar choices.

Going to bring this thread up from the dead.

Does anyone know the part #'s to convert a 6000i from the K095 mount to the D009 mount?

thanks

Ben

Going to bring this thread up from the dead.

Does anyone know the part #'s to convert a 6000i from the K095 mount to the D009 mount?

thanks

Ben

The part number of the kit to convert is 010232020. I would be surprised if any distributor has this in stock but it is still showing as available from the factory. This kit includes the two studs and the inside guide plate.

The part number of the kit to convert is 010232020. I would be surprised if any distributor has this in stock but it is still showing as available from the factory. This kit includes the two studs and the inside guide plate.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Ben

Back