Dolmar 152 ignition module

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 152 with electronic ignition, has no spark. Have checked several sources and it seems this part is no longer available. Is there another source for these, or a retro-fit, that would get me going? Any electronic genius that can repair them?

Thanks for any help, mo

First guess is the coil is bad, perhaps I can cannibalize another and solder it in. The flywheel looks great and the kill wire,checks out with no signs of grounding.

Someone on here has fixed bad ignitions, Finding a points set-up seems impossible as well, since the flywheel would need changed.

These are very rare saws and I could use a few tips.

the part # is; 144 140 102, (this # is for a 153 but they appear to be the same)

Thanks for looking, mo

First guess is the coil is bad, perhaps I can cannibalize another and solder it in. The flywheel looks great and the kill wire,checks out with no signs of grounding.

Someone on here has fixed bad ignitions, Finding a points set-up seems impossible as well, since the flywheel would need changed.

These are very rare saws and I could use a few tips.

the part # is; 144 140 102, (this # is for a 153 but they appear to be the same)

Thanks for looking, mo

Mo,

Are you still in need of an ignition for the 152? I have a couple used that have good spark...possibly even a NOS...

Let me know, I realize this thread is a year old, but like you say, they are hard to come by.

Regards,
Josh

I also have more NOS and used Sachs-Dolmar parts...just in case you are looking for more than the aforementioned.

I am not limited to Sachs...I have lots of other parts too. CAD waxes and wanes, but is always there!

Latest posts

Back