• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dolmar 510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
Pics tell the story. Lots of scuffs and scratches, but everything is there. Saw runs fantastic. All of the AV is tight. Machine marks still on the piston. This saw is built exactly like a 5100s or 5105, it is of pro saw construction. This saw makes a little less power due to an open port cylinder and the cases are aluminum instead of magnesium. This saw would suit the needs of most homeowners or firewood guys for a lifetime. I need $180 for the powerhead. I have a couple of options for bars and chains if a buyer would like. You'll be looking at an approximately 15# box from 49050. If anyone needs any more pics or has any questions ask away.
IMAG1420.jpg IMAG1421.jpg IMAG1422.jpg IMAG1423.jpg IMAG1419.jpg IMAG1424.jpg IMAG1418.jpg

Speaking as a home owner, and hobby firewood cutter (16-20 cord per year of hard, dead Red Oak) the Dolmar 510 is a great all-around saw. It balances very nicely with an 18" bar. Mine is probably 6 or 7 years old and is just as smooth and comfortable as it was the first year. It's a great one-saw plan. Of course, I couldn't live without a couple more saws, so now it shares some time. I wouldn't let mine go for this price.

Good luck with this sale

How does it compare to the Stihl 026 over all?
I've never ran them side by side, but from memory I would say the 026 hands down handles better. This platform is a little portly, more so with the aluminum cases. The Dolmar makes much more usable power. I would never run 3/8, let alone 20" on the Stihl. This saw doesn't seem to mind it. It won't pull it like a 60 CC saw but it handles it.

When I bought my 026 it came with a 16" bar 3/8 RSC attached and three other 16" 3/8 almost new.
Throws chips faster than Nolen Ryan, so I don't have any other points of reference.
But, after several feisty debates, some solicited-some not...I'll probably be switching over to .325 in the next decade or so...;)

Throws chips faster than Nolan Ryan

A few years ago I visited a friend in Vegas and we took in a spring training game at the Mets' single A affiliate's park vs the Rangers. Nolan threw out the first pitch. It was a dart. Ol' boy still has some fuel left in that tank:yes:

I'm ready to get this saw in someone else's hands and cutting wood. I'm a little surprised no-one has jumped on it. It's a lot of saw for little $$. How about $160 for the powerhead?

Damn. I'm going to try and talk my pops into this thing. His 44 is giving us some serious **** lately.
Funny you should say that. I gave my old man a 5105. He was running a Poulan Pro. Key word being "was". These Dolmars are the smoothest running saws I've cut with. No vibes:innocent:

Latest posts

Back