Dolmar 5100S issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw has been great but noticed some issues the last couple uses while doing some limbing/small diameter bucking. Cold start is fine and saw runs great until it's fully warmed up. Once hot the idle comes up to the point the chain does not stop. If I shut off the saw it will restart if I try it with in a minute or two, a bit longer than that and it won't restart until its cooled back down to ambient temperature. Then the cycle repeats. This ring a bell with anyone?

Follow up time- a little searching finds a intake boot update- saws made before nov. 2006 need an intake boot sleeve, mine is a March 2007 so should have it. Pulled plug, dark brown/black so I think its running on the rich side and the H limiter is full rich (where I set it shortly after purchase). Pulled starter cover, checked coil wires and blew debris out. Checked carb screws for tightness, got about a 3/8 turn each. Started saw, made a few cuts and got my fast idle sooner than usual so I adjusted idle speed. Did a bunch of noodling on some Swedish candles and idle seemed consistent. I did richen the L screw a bit and got a bit smoother idle.
shut off and restarted a few times and always started by third pull - maybe progress- we'll see I guess.

Back