Dolmar 5100s vs. Husky 359 for my needs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
Don't be fooled by the Dolmar picture. as far as I can see it sits on the corner of a table of some sort, and it tells nothing about how is will balance in your hand.... :alien:

No the saw does not sit on a corner of my bench it is on a piece of 3/8" rod stuck in my viseon the corner of the bench

SCOTT

cuttinscott said:
No the saw does not sit on a corner of my bench it is on a piece of 3/8" rod stuck in my viseon the corner of the bench

SCOTT

Scott,

With the saw skewed the way it is relative to the rod it is still not a good illustration of balance. I`ve got a 5100 and when I put a 20" bar on it wants to nose down into the ground when I set it down.

Russ

jokers said:
Scott,

With the saw skewed the way it is relative to the rod it is still not a good illustration of balance. I`ve got a 5100 and when I put a 20" bar on it wants to nose down into the ground when I set it down.

Russ
Uuh, this makes the light saw by its weight, to "weight" several pounds more for the hands in real work ;)

pinus said:
Uuh, this makes the light saw by its weight, to "weight" several pounds more for the hands in real work ;)

Sorry Pinus, I don`t understand what you`re trying to say. Are you saying that poor balance makes a saw feel heavier than it really is? If so, I agree.

Russ

jokers said:
Sorry Pinus, I don`t understand what you`re trying to say. Are you saying that poor balance makes a saw feel heavier than it really is? If so, I agree.

Russ
That was said, yes ;)

Mike, don't feel bad, you are getting a great saw in the 361. I have one for working in bigger timber and hardwood. I plan on getting a dolmar in the spring. I use 346/260 size saws for 90% of my work so the 5100 would be a good saw for me. Art

The 361 is a great saw. I`m just chuckling because you went from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Everyone needs atleast two saws, don`t let anyone fool you Mike. ;)

Russ

Back