MS362 vs MS400, which should I get + dimensions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400 is the best designed saw Stihl has manufactured in recent years !
I'll go one further. It's the only 60cc class Stihl saw worth a dam out of the box going back decades. 036, 360, 361, 362 all turds out-of the box. The 400C rips with nothing done to it at all.

I'll go one further. It's the only 60cc class Stihl saw worth a dam out of the box going back decades. 036, 360, 361, 362 all turds out-of the box. The 400C rips with nothing done to it at all.
I did/do like my 036. The other 3 pretty much suck. I have my dad's 361 and it just sits on the shelf collecting dust. Stihl did make some pretty good improvements when they built the 400. Several saw builders said not much to be gained when ported. Unless i have something bigger I need my 462 for the 400 is my go to saw.

I never bought a 362, as I heard they are turds. just don't take your twins with you when you pick up your 400 or you will be walking out the door with 2.🤣🤣🤣. I sent one off to Tree Monkey to port and that beast could pull a 32"b/c. you will be glad you got the 400C

Latest posts

Back