Dolmar 6000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen one in person to grind on one or to even have a performance review.

It is not mine it is a friend of mine. He went out to Matt's with me last week and got to run all of the ones that went to Wis. Soooo I have done a little playing with porting and I said I would.. Unless some one has done one I will just do a simple muff mod and and widen some of the ports.

P.S. Thanks Matt.

I have one.

There's not any wild porting you can do to it. The piston skirt is narrow and if you drop the cylinder for squish you can not take much off the base of the cylinder or the piston will freeport.

The relationship between the upper and lower transfers is the distance between the piston crown and the bottom of the bottom ring.

You might get more by making it a 6800i?

I have one.

There's not any wild porting you can do to it. The piston skirt is narrow and if you drop the cylinder for squish you can not take much off the base of the cylinder or the piston will freeport.

The relationship between the upper and lower transfers is the distance between the piston crown and the bottom of the bottom ring.

You might get more by making it a 6800i?

Oh you have the fancy model with heated handles!! I have non heated handles. Runs like a top. Has always been a great runner. I traded my '95 Jeep Wrangler for the 6000 and $1000.

The piston and cylinder assemblies will swap between the 116Si,120Si,6000i, & 6800

The 6000i and 6800i had a oil pump that just worked when the chain was turning. The brake was a different design also.

Is the 6000 the same as the 116? I think mastermind did a thread on a 120, which is a bigger version of the 116.

That's my saw you are referring to...... it's a Dolmar 120si. It is a "very serious" saw.:msp_wink: For 68cc it will surprise the hell out of ya.:rock:

Back