032?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgallow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stock 032...one owner....round filed full chisel 20" bar.....8-30" green white+red oak felled couple months ago.....6000-10000 rpm in the wood @ about 12k on top end. Does that sound about right?

Ran 16" for years and notice the 20" uses way more oil.....needs a break out of wood to reoil on larger cuts and refill oil tank before gas runs out.

Any suggested mods, oil weights etc?

Sounds perfect as is. It is a 40 year old saw, be happy it works like it does. Find out what the "one owner" was running in it and keep doing that. I have a special place for the 031/032 as my dad ran them for decades heating our home. I could go grab his 031 right now off the shelf and cut all day long.

Sounds perfect as is. It is a 40 year old saw, be happy it works like it does. Find out what the "one owner" was running in it and keep doing that. I have a special place for the 031/032 as my dad ran them for decades heating our home. I could go grab his 031 right now off the shelf and cut all day long.
Still have my first new saw I bought and that is a 032AV 20” bar from the get go and never let me down. In fact I’m going to put it into wood on this Friday 6-23-23!

Thank you! This is a saw I purchased new in 83 to cut firewood.....significant upgrade from homelite. 031s were hard to come by in this area back then....everyone kept them.

Anyway....40 wt bar oil balanced out better with gas tank capacity. Muff mod (screen removed and exhaust port opened 50%) and extra air intake slots....really didn't do anything....couple hundred at top end but it appears to run cooler. Tuned at 11600 on top......it maintains 8-9000 in 12-16" stuff with no down pressure and sharp chain......idles like a dream. Nice saw but heavy.....fine as a teenager but not at late 50s. Most of what I cut now is with modded 355T.....thimber thinning. @9" or less dbh or cleaning fence rows.

Still have my first new saw I bought and that is a 032AV 20” bar from the get go and never let me down. In fact I’m going to put it into wood on this Friday 6-23-23!
They don't make many things with longevity today. Awesome it's still working for you!

Back